New Airfix Biggie rumoured for IPMS Telford.....

notanotherrainydaykit

For those of us with the "History of airfix" book at home, and in it are a list of uncompleted 1/24th projects , including  the sopwith Camel, it was planned , as was the Mosquito ..

so my question ...WW1 1914,-1918    Hmmm too much of a stretch ?

Anything WWI would be a mistake unless they can compete like for like with Wingnut Wings.

I agree it is very unlikely they would re-do something they have previously tooled, much as I would like a Spitfire I or Hurricane I up to the standard of their Typhoon.

All this speculation is loads of fun, but in the absence of any hard evidence, about as productive as a discussion on the possibility of life on Mars.  Guess we'll just have to wait until the first day of Telford.

Speaking of which, I was planning a trip to the UK for late November, but am giving some serious consideration to revising it to the first two weeks of the month so I can make it to Telford, which appears to be nothing short of a modeller's fantasy.  I'll be staying in London, and would like to know if it's possible to get anywhere close to the Telford exhibition hall on public transportation, say by train? 

Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Jerry Peterson    

All this speculation is loads of fun, but in the absence of any hard evidence, about as productive as a discussion on the possibility of life on Mars.  Guess we'll just have to wait until the first day of Telford.

Speaking of which, I was planning a trip to the UK for late November, but am giving some serious consideration to revising it to the first two weeks of the month so I can make it to Telford, which appears to be nothing short of a modeller's fantasy.  I'll be staying in London, and would like to know if it's possible to get anywhere close to the Telford exhibition hall on public transportation, say by train? 

Jerry Peterson

http://www.smwshow.com/venue.php

Best of luck. It's a great show.

Tony

Jerry Peterson    

This from the show info:

Rail 

There are regular services from Birmingham New Street, Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury. The International Centre is situated just over a mile from Telford Central Station and is only two minutes drive by taxi.  Alternatively, there is a regular bus service and a free minibus service is available from the railway station during the shows opening hours on both days.

Fast trains from London to get to Birmingham first, then change for a local train. Hope this helps.

Just a thought... They released the Typhoon as a tie-in with the D-Day commemoration. There is a lot of talk about WW1 and lots of related commemorations these days, so there is definitely a lot of attention going that way. I think that it may be a WW1 subject to tie-in with that. I would say a RAF SE5a or a Camel.

Radu

But the actual kit won't be released until well into next year..which is the 75th anniversary of the BOB. Personally thinking a BOB subject would outsell a WW1 subject by a country mile and then some.

Hasegawa did the BIG SE5a and Camel and stopped production years ago..there is a new Has. 1/16 Camel out right now as well. 

I'm sticking to a BOB subject...like that'll make any diff.LOL.

Thanks, guys, for the info about how to get to Telford from London.  Been checking the flight schedules from here to the UK and I think I've found something that works.   Haven't been to much of anyplace for a while, so I'm really looking forward to this trip. 

Jerry Peterson

Thanks, guys, for the info about how to get to Telford from London.  Been checking the flight schedules from here to the UK and I think I've found something that works.   Haven't been to much of anyplace for a while, so I'm really looking forward to this trip. 

Jerry Peterson

Oooooo envious .... Off to the big show!!

Jerrrrr-y ... Jerrrrr-y ... Jerrrrr-y ... Jerrrrr-y

Er, oops, wrong show!!!

Rog :)

Jerry Peterson

If you have time whilst you are over here, as well as the Show at Telford think about Duxford (Imperial War Museum, many USAF connexions), Cosford - not too far from Telford - and Hendon - north London - (both RAF museums) ... Have a great trip!

Well I shall be mid Atlantic on my trip to New York when the announcement is made so the question is, on landing do I first check in with the folks to let them I arrived safe or come here and look at what the new Airfix offering is?

Perhaps relay to the Captain via the Hostie with the mostie that you are expecting an important call and can he relay the message onto you in seat XYZ :hmmm:  :help:

I think a 1/24 Hurricane would be pretty unwise.

As much as some wouldn't care to admit, Trumpy have that aircraft pretty much sewn up in this scale.

Several variants and definitely the A Team on that one.

Hmm, 1/24 Griffon spit.................. :wub: