New Airfix Biggie rumoured for IPMS Telford.....

notanotherrainydaykit

I've got all the big military museums on my itinerary -- Imperial War Museum, National Army Museum, Duxford, Greenwich Maritime Museum, Bovington, not to mention the British Museum, Victoria and Albert, National Portrait Gallery, etc., etc.  As many as I can cram into a two-week visit. 

I'm no stranger to London.  I spent several months there about ten years ago working on a research project for the U.S. National Park Service and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  This will be my eleventh trip to the UK, and I've learned that London is kind of like an onion -- composed of multiple layers.  Once you've peeled off one layer, you find another one underneath, but it seems like there's never enough time to keep peeling away at the layers, and so you want to come back. If London wasn't so expensive, I'd live there permanently. 

Jerry

If you're going to hit Telford Jerry, then take in Cosford too as it's nearby, same with Bovington, you are only about 30 miles from the Fleet Air Arm museum, though i don't know how you are travelling about.. the same distance the other way is HMS Victory etc

I had a little communication with an Airfix designer via a UK based Motoring website that I frequent, he relayed the following info regarding the IPMS SMW announcement

We just told the ipms bloke we were making an announcement, he added on the "1/24th" bit all by himself! We have a shortlist of several potential subjects but haven't decided yet what the next superkit will be. So I don't even know!

So it looks like the rumoured "big kit" is the Shackleton in 72nd...

Or is it just another well crafted Airfix red herring?

Hi guys,

What if it is n't a prop?

What if it's a flamethrower? An old and wise person I spoke with recently suggested it might be a deHavilland Vampire.

Now would n't that be something to see?

Indeed! How about a flame-farting Typhoon? On ze other side of ze Kanal also known as ze "Eurofighter"?

The Vampire has about as much appeal as a case of crabs.

Even having a history here in Canuck land, I'd agree with that.  It's just a blip in aviation history that most don't even know about, I don't think it would sell well at all. 

Vampire_01.jpg