New Airfix Biggie rumoured for IPMS Telford.....

notanotherrainydaykit

TAV-8B 

Had me wondering, briefly, you of course mean a Harrier :wicked:  :whistle:

We have beautiful Sea Fury in 32 from Fisher.

It is an absolutely beautiful, pretty much dead on accurate kit.

Anything else probably just wouldn't measure up, sorry to say...

Wanting another Sea Fury? You might as well ask for another 109.....

Agree, ALL of the Fisher kits are 'bang on' but they don't make money for Hornby (Airfix)

but don't, PLEASE don't, go down the route of another 109, not even in jest........  :wacko:  :crying:

If there IS a new 24th scale aircraft, here's a bone to chew on, if it's a jet how about the Folland Gnat (T Mk.1)?

OR how about one from the era of 'Silver Wings' Gladiator, Gauntlet, Bulldog.................................

ALL small enough to store when built..................... :hmmm:

Paul

I cant help but think it will be another Mossie variant, specifically a bomber nose version.  Imagine the possibilities like a 2 stage Merlin/PR34!

Not that I will get one of course.....I still have to figure out where to put the FB-VI I am working on!

Exciting times for us modellers that's for sure.

I think we may be barking up the wrong tree. I did hear one of the Airfix chaps saying they were no just looking at traditional subjects and had considered a large scale A4 Pacific - tasty in 1/32!

Choo-choo ?

Not my cup of tea but I'm sure it'll have takers. I'd be happy with a new tool Victor K.2 in 1/72, and a new tool Vulcan to go with it.

Tony

Had me wondering, briefly, you of course mean a Harrier :wicked:  :whistle:

Agree, ALL of the Fisher kits are 'bang on' but they don't make money for Hornby (Airfix)

but don't, PLEASE don't, go down the route of another 109, not even in jest........  :wacko:  :crying:

If there IS a new 24th scale aircraft, here's a bone to chew on, if it's a jet how about the Folland Gnat (T Mk.1)?

OR how about one from the era of 'Silver Wings' Gladiator, Gauntlet, Bulldog.................................

ALL small enough to store when built..................... :hmmm:

Paul

And the Fisher kits are made of resin and many people won't touch resin kits.   That said I doubt it'll be a Sea Fury anyway.  

An A4 Pacific  in 24th would be stunning! yes I know it doesn't have wings, but she was a spry old thing, and after standing in the shadows of six of these 

beauties this year at "The Great Gathering" at the York National Railway Museum, it would certainly make a fantastic subject, another little get together that I 

attended this year was this at RAF Waddington a couple of weeks back....

DSC_0192_zpsrp2ncz7u.jpg

And as I said "I know it doesn't have wings" but who couldn't resist a big Mallard?

IMG_1527_zpscp2p0ztu.jpg

Being a Somerset lad, a Castle would be more to my taste, but an A4 would be wonderful. Trouble is with either, you would need a rake of coaches to go with them!

Sea Fury suicide? Well, I would have one. My all-time favourite aircraft. And I don't think I am alone in that opinion! I might be biased though.

Tim

A4's nice but I'd prefer an A3 Flying Scotsman.    This biggie's an aircraft though isn't it?

Direct quote from the SWM wesite info

Airfix will be announcing a large new model at 11:00 on Saturday at the SMW 2914, I am lead to believe that it will be in 1/24 scale.

No mention of type.....