1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

killer work Kev, you gonna have 'er done for the show?

Oh yes, at least that's certainly my intent, Shawn. I'll probably start painting the gun carriage early next week sometime. Bits and pieces still need to be added to the other sections, and then they will be painted as well. You judging this year again?

(I'll also have at least one car model finished for the show. I have four that are currently underway, and whichever one is closest to completion in early August, will be pushed forward into the "to finish" pile.)

One of my more obnoxious habits, is starting innumerous projects, including bases for same, that then languish for years, as I move onto other projects and start all over again. The good news here, is that I have a large variety of partially constructed bases to choose from, that can be re-purposed for other projects, but it appears that I have none that will fit this project well, this one being just a wee bit small for my liking, so I'll probably end up building yet another.

The big question now, is do I go with an urban or open terrain type setting?

hoDC9E.jpg

So far, the majority of images show the weapon emplaced where they have a fairly clear, 360° field of fire. Right now, I'm considering depicting a partial pit, from earth and logs, with a wood plank platform below. Here's a drawing to illustrate what I mean.

i3Eycb.jpg

I've also recently (very recently) decided to bring some 1:6 stuff to market. It seems there are already a few things, but there could easily be much more, and many of the 1:6 guys seem perfectly willing to part with the bucks, so why not? Perhaps this is my new calling? Doubtful, but we'll see where it goes I guess.

That's one thing I could never get into, flying models. I just know that after all that work, I'd fly it right into a bridge or something.

I grew up on quarter scale R/C ships.  (ACTUAL quarter scale; IE 1/4th, no that other dribble that people seem to spout off about)  It happened A LOT actually. There are some really great videos (depending on if you were the one who owned the model) out on YT chronicling the crashes of some HUGE and ultra expensive R/C ships.   One that comes to mind in particular is the crash of a GIANT scale B-52.................it must be 1/6th.......or maybe 1/8th scale.............HUGE.   Cost was 20,000 to 30,000 and took two peeps to fly.      

A few min after takeoff, it was a pile of 25,000 toothpicks. It even took off (completely level/sometimes arse end first) just like a real 1:1 BUFF

Edited by Out2gtcha

That's one thing I could never get into, flying models. I just know that after all that work, I'd fly it right into a bridge or something.

Nor me!

I think it's we put so much effort into our models - and they remain fragile for ever - the idea of it one hitting the ground at speed is not pretty.

• 3 months later...