1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

OK, base angle ring flange drawn again, this time depicting a 1-1/2 x 1-1/2 angle, as I felt the 2 x 2 was just too large. This will serve as my template for cutting them out of sheet.

MOizUk.jpg

Oh my, I just discovered that there is/was a 1:6 scale .50 cal quad limited production kit made. Unlikely I could ever find one though, and even more unlikely I could afford it if I did find one for sale.

Talk about perfect timing, this was just delivered a few moments ago (an early, early birthday present from my brother). From what I've read, these are perfect to scribe/snap styrene with, and I need to cut some same sized strips for the base flange.

0CEijq.jpg

Nice work K2!

Oh my, I just discovered that there is/was a 1:6 scale .50 cal quad limited production kit made. Unlikely I could ever find one though, and even more unlikely I could afford it if I did find one for sale.

Was curious.........................I have no clue what scale it is in, and it looks to have had only 15 copies made that were already gone years ago.............and not sure at all its the one your talking about, but check this quad out........

http://www.armortek.co.uk/Forum3b/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4407&sid=8d0bff52113c6fe73baa155ce61eb413

Looks utterly spectacular................and QUITE big.

The Fiskars unit works great, though I think I'll reserve it for .020 and thinner sheets. Well, here's my scale 1-1/2 x  1-1/2 angle, and it still looks too large, but I'm going to leave it alone. I also lost .040 in height while adding the deck plate, so there's a tiny bit of interference with rotating platform and angle, so I'll just shim the platform by .020 or .030 (whatever the minimum is that I can get away with), and it should clear just fine. 

V2AGYq.jpg

Yet another goof (of my own doing). Despite having looked at my photos a dozen or more times, I never realized that I had the area behind the side shields wrong, so I ripped off the old shields, and repaired the side plates to a more correct configuration.

ukU6oQ.jpg

Kevin, you are doing a great job with this.  These 1/6 Dragon kits can be a lot of fun and a lot of frustration.  The basic shape is there, but a lot of detail needs to be added.  I am enjoying seeing how you work the details into this.

Thanks fellas, yep, having a great time of it. Since I decided to spend more time building, and less time surfing, it seems to be working out well. Plus I seem to be really focused on this subject with a determination I haven't had in a while.

Azimuth ring all drawn up.

mZy9gf.jpg

Placed in position. I have no idea at this time how accurate this may be, but I'll adjust accordingly, when (and if) I get more accurate data.

BLNZ2a.jpg

New side armor shielding now made (this time including better and more accurate appearing  contours), and a start is underway on the connecting cross tube. All of this cross tube assembly is being designed in such a way so as to allow later alignment, fitment and gluing in place. 

I44aNK.jpg