1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

• 2 years later...

It's my firm intention (of course I've said that before), to finish this beast this winter, once my new workbenches are completed, which I'm guessing will be January or so. In the meanwhile, I'll now be going through this thread, replacing all of the "hosted for free on photobucket" watermarked images, as that just bugs me no end. Now that I have a paid imageshack account, there's absolutely no reason to keep these mutilated images on here.

6 hours ago, ScanmanDan said:

So any progress?  Inquiring minds gotta know. :) I'd so like to see you finish this one as it is a beauty and deserves to get all the way across the finish line.  I hope you are well and having fun!

Not yet, Dan, just busy as a beaver, dumping all of the PB images, whether they be watermarked or not, as they most certainly would all be eventually, and I can't have that. No matter what, my roommate is heading out for a two week stay in England in February, so I'll be sweeping the table clean and will then resume working on this bad boy. It seems more than very doable that I'd be able to finish this for our invitational in September, as it's probably 80% of the way there already, so that's what I'll be shooting for, big time. I really want this sucker done. Looking through all of these images the last two days, I really have done a ton of work to it, and it seems a real shame to just let it languish.

10 hours ago, ScanmanDan said:

To be fair a proper 1/6th crew for this gun would cost a fair bit to do well and require a ton of work to look the equal of the gun.  I might suggest that a few items of gear or a jacket draped over the gun wouldn't go amiss.  A lot of stuff is available on evilbay.    A spare barrel case perhaps? :)

As you may recall, I'll already be creating at least two styles of 100rd wooden cases for it (and hopefully selling some afterward), but may well also add some other stuff, there's plenty of time to figure that out.

1 hour ago, NukerDan said:

Wow, just read through this entire build. You're doing some top notch work on this kit! 

Thanks a bunch. Pretty crazy, for something that started off as a more or less straight out of the box model, but I feel that it'll be somewhat unique, once finished.