1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

I had an overwhelming desire to paint something today, as well as try something that might give the metal components a natural, worn look, so I grabbed a magazine, prepped and painted it. I'm very happy with the results from this method. My brain said it would work OK, but you can never be sure until you try it out.

bcakMz.jpg

Just a variation on an existing method really, Dan. I had noticed that while painting with MM metallics (the buffing variety), that while buffing, the fine powder collects in the rag, so I decided to buff the gray magazine with a rag that I used to buff a test sheet of plastic that I painted for the purpose, and sure enough, enough of the powder transferred to the magazine to give a worn metallic look to it. In conjunction with washes and some scratches added with steel colored pencil, they should look really cool, I hope.

I intend to give the blued cannon bodies a similar treatment, now that I know it works.

Thanks, Boris. I decided earlier not to do this, but now I've changed my mind (again) and have decided to make the tops of the leveling legs sloped, as seems the most typical in all the photos that I have. Not the best photo, but I think it conveys the intent.

XGw7JK.jpg

Hello,

This will be a looker!! 

I do some 1/35 modeling ,but this really make me want to do some bigger stuff, what a canvas for some serious scratchwork :) .

Cheers

Boris

Indeed it is. I'm still stunned that I've done this much work, when that was never the original intent. Now that I've committed to it though, I intend to see it through.