1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

Another trivial update. Dragon saw fit to omit every other wood block on the magazine trays, so I've added them. Since every other magazine is rotated 180° from the previous one, those wood blocks are narrower, so that's what I've also done.

9BV37M.jpg

Guns are now nearing the completion stage. A little filler, and a bit of sanding/polishing, and they'll be good to go. I'm still considering modifying one upper gun body (to better depict the rib type configuration), and then having copies cast for myself, but I'm not sure if I have time for that or not.

ln99tG.jpg

Again, perhaps not that big of a deal, but I've finally been able to add one of the two coupling/shaft units. The lower needs to wait until I'm finished with weld seams down there, as there would be interference issues otherwise, for sure.

Bca26Q.jpg

Switched back to the ammo box for a bit, with hinges and clamp straps being added (with screw heads). 14ga wire stands in for the rope handle, which will eventually be made from twisted copper wire.

SLvvEg.jpg

My first attempt at the latch. Not bad, but needs to be refined, that's for sure. I'll save this one as a reference to make the necessary adjustments on the next ones.

onE0wh.jpg

Nice update.

' rope handle'

Twist two/three strands of solder/wire to give the rope texture.  It's too big to be plain.  Just my take.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks, Mark, I appreciate the input, and agree, that's the reason I used the term "stands in", as it was just added for the photo.

I was just recently recalling that I had an old WWII rope handled US ammo box at my house for years and years, something my father picked up somewhere, but I haven't seen it in a while, and can't figure out where the heck it might be. Very frustrating.

Really nice! Great detail you are adding to it.

Thanks. I think I'm beginning to near the end of additional detailing, the light at the end of the tunnel, so to speak.