1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

I've tried my hand on a weld technique that I have very little experience with. Not too shabby, I think. This first area I worked on, will be mostly out of sight on the finished weapon, and is the reason I chose it.

ywxk5S.jpg

Gunners leg protectors now created. Not technically correct, as this was a piece with rolled (or stamped) stiffening ribs, so mine will not have the proper concave surfaces on exterior, as I have used .040 half round to simulate these ribs on the interior side.

Spk2g3.jpg

A small thing perhaps, but caps now added to traverse and elevation hand-wheel handles. At least one step closer to adding speed ratio adjustment levers (which kit does not provide).

0X4Ak6.jpg

Thanks, Mark. I took a bit of a break from it this morning, but now I'm feeling like heading up to do some more. I really want to get this one behind me, so I can resume work on my '70 T/A Challenger.

The problem, Paul, is that I'm lousy at painting figures, and the larger the figure, the more pronounced mistakes can appear. I fear it would detract from, rather than add to, the overall impact.