1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

Trailing end of base is really moving along now. Some grinding and weld marks added with the soldering gun, should make this area look way better than before.

f14T3E.jpg

As much as I didn't want to originally, I've come to the conclusion that this large diameter molded on ridge (which is supposed to be angle iron), needs to be replaced, so I'll be grinding this all off. Also, this ring is oval, not round, as Dragon has depicted it.

4IBa8y.jpg

The offending flange is ground off, now the real fun begins. :wacko: I've also opened up both front legs for detailing, as seen on the real deal. One is out of whack for some reason, though I measured three times, so I'll repair that and move on.

lIEpfR.jpg

Here's a photo of the first of my match marked pieces being added to base. I've rather arbitrarily assumed a 4-3 skip weld, but have no idea if that's correct or not, though it's probably close.

YHIspg.jpg

OK, here's my interpretation of the base plate. Not bad, I think, considering that I had to splice seven different pieces together, as I didn't have one single piece that I could use. I used .040 sheet for this, which is almost exactly 1/4" in scale.

pHDq6p.jpg