1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

Thanks, Iain, I appreciate it. After almost giving up on my search for the dies, I finally found two of them, so now adding all the little discs and dots can commence. I'm a happy guy!

nRxiYW.jpg

While scouring my references, I stumbled upon a couple of details that I had not seen before, under the gun elevation arm (for lack of a better term). I have no idea what this loop is for, but I added it anyway.

VyN6Up.jpg

Oh and Kevin have you seen Jeff (Reef12)'s build on  Sixth Army Groups forum?

http://www.sixtharmygroup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21098

Has some Interesting reference pictures.

Might be worth a look.

Dan

I've been eyeballing his progress for several days now, and like what I see so far. (I must say though, that a site where a bunch of grown men play with dolls is a bit creepy.)

Jeff is doing a real good job on his Flak, and that's primarily the reason I visit there. I've picked up a lot of valuable info already, so thanks again very much for the link, Dan, I appreciate it.

One thing I'm really wresting with, is whether or not to add the wing armor (for lack of a better term). Many photos show the gun in the field without them, but I think they look pretty awesome with them. Adding them creates its own problems though, problems that as yet, I've been unable to sort out.

This linkage was badly warped, and inaccurate, so I decided to replace the offending piece with plastic tube and some hex adjusting nuts I fabricated. Far from perfect, but I feel it's an improvement nonetheless.

8L5tHc.jpg

w1lhvi.jpg

You well know how much I like your build but even more I like your attitude Kev.  

While you can build these Dragon kits straight from the box and have a rough approximation of the real thing and be very happy with the results. You can do as you are doing and critically look at each piece and add details or replace whole parts to make a stunningly accurate model of the actual weapon. Your quad 20mm will be a very impressive beast once you have her finished.

Dan

Agreed!    This one will be a real winner when done K2

Thanks, fellas. Adding all this stuff, makes me feel that detailing a 1:32 fighter would be a snap after this. :) Now that I actually know what it is (not that I needed to know), the spirit level and associated brackets have now been added.

yhwgjx.jpg

Though technically not correct, I've used .005 discs to represent the flush head screws here;... a lot easier than countersinking the holes and using real screws.

3oZQXx.jpg