1:6 Flak 38 20mm Quad

LSP_K2

Yep, and that's a problem I'd really like to avoid on this one. Weld seams will be added throughout, as well as misc smaller details, but I doubt very seriously that I'll try to correct major shape issues, as I have several other projects I'd like to get done before next summer/autumn.

Don't you guys just tow them behind your cars?

Back in the 1960's I knew of a gun collector who was towing a 20 mm German Solothurn antitank gun on a wheeled mount behind his car on the way to a gun show. The gun was  just not made for modern highway speeds, lost a wheel and smashed itself up.

There were no restrictions on owning workable artillery pieces in the USA as long as they were single action. Machine cannon needed registration with the federal government. I knew a guy in Virginia who had a 4.5" British wheeled howitzer from WW1, updated to WW2 standards. He'd tow it to the beach and fire the right size food cans filled with concrete at the ocean. Gawd, I love the USA. But after Bobby Kennedy got whacked the sissy government passed laws making people buy a $1000 registration to own one. Registration of an operating machine gun used to cost $200, I do not know if it costs that today. State and city regulations prevent people from owning machine guns and cannon in the USA.

Ah, the good old days.

Stephen

• 1 month later...

Any progress on this one Kevin?

Dan

Not really, as I keep getting distracted by other "stuff". I did buy some Plastruct hex rods, as there are a few bolt heads that need to be added, but I haven't dragged the kit back out yet to resume work on it. Another problem that I'm facing right now, is having to give up the only real hobby space I have (dining room table), for "holiday considerations", so what work I can accomplish in the next month will be minimal at best, unless I can figure out other arrangements.

Kev

Always enjoy your build progress and those seat sure look big next to the tube of tamiya putty

Keep 'em coming

Peter

The whole kit is large, and sufficiently complete enough to create a rather commanding presence, once complete. I expect the base will be either a wooded scene, or amongst ruined building debris.

• 2 months later...

Still plugging away, I managed to get some more bits finished tonight.

Hx5aDJ.jpg

Some sub assemblies now slowly being added.

oAfOiy.jpg

With the possible exception of a Gato class sub and 1:32 BF 110, this will probably be the single largest kit I finish this year.

It's alive! :D

Great to see some progress.  

I hope all is well and you are having fun.

Dan

Oh yes, lots of fun. There are a few details that I just may have to entirely fake, as I can find no clear shots, and the flash suppressor/muzzle brake on each cannon is pretty lame, so I'm trying to determine if I want to fix them or not.