CAM F-4B conversion kit

Sgt Shultz II

I will Second CRUDE. Also not that this is bad, But a car molder did the masters if I recall correctly (He's a buddy of mine) The molds were rough to. Like wing warp.

texture to casting, and old molds. I think Viper Enforcer saw the old mold items too when they came out. We both are from close to where CAM was based at that time

OC Los Angles area. 

Sorry to speak bad about some ones work. I just do not want you to waste your money.

Cheers

:oops:   I cant recall what is missing right now. But i hope you get a good copy.

http://modelingmadness.com/others/conversions/wilsoncamf4b.htm

http://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1575

It looks like with some work and friends you can get it done and looking right. Hope this helps.

Cheers

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

You should forget about it. Everything i've read about this conversion kit was highly negative.

You better wait a bit, as i think Tony plans to make a new F-4B conversion.

Otherwise you can try to grab a Cutting edge conversion + the AMS F-4B wheels, but that's not easy to catch the CE conversion at a good price.

Edit : sorry, i've just read that you've already bought one.....

Edited by Zero77

I have a couple of them....i bought them at the show and was able to sort through for a couple that were not warped. That said there will be a bit of clean up......and they did not give you the parts to remove the bulge in the bottom of the wing.

No one has ever done a proper b cockpit.....Either way you go it will be a bit of work.

Rob

I wonder if Academy would ever upscale their 1/48 scale?

With no F4B in 1/32 I reckon they could sell well, I have the very nice CAM Bi-Centennial markings and would love to get them slapped onto a decent kit before I go!

Failing that, I'm definitely in for a good conversion from someone out there!!  :popcorn:

Maybe I just got lucky or am not quite that picky, but I have one built and one in the pile, and both mine are fine. Agree that the bottom of the wing is not addressed, but that isn't that big a deal (to me anyway) to fix. 

MM

Mine was crude, but with a little love and care, I finished my VF111 example.

We really need a new conversion. The best mkgs were done for this variant.

Your words to God´s ears, Eli. And maybe someone else´s too :whistle: 

Jozef