LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

Looks like HPH is getting a lot of recognition lately, and for good reason! My visit to EMS last saturday brought me some new kits, the Me410 and the Ju87 (it was a bargain at €40). I've picked up the other two earlier this year.

After I have finished my Azur MS406C1 I will start with the Me410! It's almost finished so it won't be to long. I will make a build thread for this one, so keep your eyes peeled :popcorn: .

WP_20141026_005.jpg

MicroMArkVacuumFormMachine_zps596d8afb.j

To replace my old Mattel Vac-U-Form.

Sincerely,

Mark

Mark, what are its dimensions?

looking interesting.

Looks like HPH is getting a lot of recognition lately, and for good reason! My visit to EMS last saturday brought me some new kits, the Me410 and the Ju87 (it was a bargain at €40). I've picked up the other two earlier this year.

After I have finished my Azur MS406C1 I will start with the Me410! It's almost finished so it won't be to long. I will make a build thread for this one, so keep your eyes peeled :popcorn: .

Nice work :) ... According to Jennings HpH will only sell 250 Me410's (Tongue firmly in cheek while saying that!!) - so you have a collectors item there (as do I!!) ... I have the Stuka G in stash - complete with a set of brass 37mm barrels :D ... I have a couple of the Heinkel - and I'm itching to have a go with it!!

Super jealous over the Henchel 129!! ... Grey Matter aren't making them at the moment - so I'm stuck when I want one! ... Grrrrrrrrr!  :blowup:

Rog :)

Just bought a Wingnut Wings RE.8, and it's gone straight to the top of the "start next" pile.  :thumbsup: :yahoo:

Edited by MikeC

With Alley-Cat future business in flux, and with a new KH T-6 and a Meng Me-163 in the stash I splurged at Hannants, to make sure I could get a copy of one of their canopies each before they possibly disappeared:

north-american-t-6-texan-harvard-canopy-

AC32029C.jpg

I will be using the vac on the SUFA build.  I'll let you know then.  Thank you.

Micro Mark gives the dimensions as 12" high x 10" deep x 8" wide, which is close enough to the dimensions I found.

I finally got all of the parts together to make a vacuum/pressure chamber:

DSCN7400_zps4096ca5f.jpg

The free end looped thru the vacuum pump handle attaches to a quick release on my compressor.  Although I don't remember the cost of all of the components this was pretty inexpensive to make.

I could have just stuck the pressure/vacuum gauge directly into the top but I had the connections from my old compressor and decided to use them rather than having them lying around waiting to get lost.

The metal rod projecting from the top is the handle.

Pressure is 15 pounds, which is 2 atmospheres.  Enough, I should think.  But if not then I'll buy a new gauge.  Vacuum is 30mmHg.  Which is definitely enough.

Sincerely,

Mark

The second of two late birthday presents arrived yesterday (Aeronaut Books), and I must say that I'm very impressed, once again. These books are great value for money, and well worth getting if you're a fan of WWI aviation history. As soon as my scanner is up and running again, I'll add this (and a few others), to the database.

2_zps5e7ec6eb.jpg

Mark, what are its dimensions?

looking interesting.

Yes I would like to know your impressions on the Microlux vac machine.

Edited by Ryan

Recieved these while on vacation.Wheels are from Harold(T-33)....Harv

image_zps417c44da.jpg

The exhaust is for my MIG15. Made by Bruce. Excellent work !

IMG_20141029_103429_zpse21edbd6.jpg

IMG_20141029_103442_zpsfaeae493.jpg

Edited by Guest