LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

Finally the Ki-45 Ko/Hei has arrived in Germany. Just a week prior Xmas. Grabbed my copy immediatly:

kits12-19n8kpy.jpg

Also got a truly massive russian Bereg SPG from a sale and some nice resin wheels too (on top of the box).

The book is a gift from Santa. This one is really amazing - telling the story of the german armor in the Endkampf for Berlin. Inside is a vast collection of photos from wrecks and abandoned vehicles shortly after the fighting as well as from boneyards and also scrapping right in the streets of Berlin. A map of Berlin showing the location of many of the wrecks in the streets - and there are QR codes connected to Google Streets showing you the locations today! Some eyewitness reports and the stories of different attempted outbreaks too. One unit made it from Berlin to Wittenberg at river Elbe... There are photos of the well known big german cats as well as some really odds and ands: A Mark V Hermaphrodite(!), polish 7TPs and FT-17s, a Panzer I with 7,5cm StuG gun, a Kugelblitz, Pz IV turret strongpoints and at least one Panther F that took part in the fightings (well, with a A/G turret, not the Schmalturm, but nevertheless). Really rare and weird stuff, indeed. I am happy, man! Very happy!

Regards

- dutik

In addition to the warmth and laughter of good friends and family (not to mention the great chow and snacks), I made out like a bandit this year, gifts wise. Pretty much everything you see here was on my "wants list", so I'm a pretty lucky guy. I also received some cash and gift cards, so promptly ordered some more "stuff" from Amazon, which should be here in a few days.

zpxPoP.jpg

2 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

ooh Super goodies.

I watched The Quiet  Man yesterday on TV.

one of MY favourite John Wayne's non cowboy movies.

Enjoy K2.

:thumbsup:

Indeed it is a great movie, Maru. Every movie with the Duke and Victor McLagen, is excellent, at least by my standards.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Damn Kev! Besides the cool kit I won in the raffle, about all I got this year was a pair of slippers that are way too big to even walk in. 

Sorry to hear that, Brian. I hope you enjoy that Pfalz kit though, that particular Encore boxing is pretty special, especially if you like "The Blue Max".

One of several Christmas gifts that I ordered for myself (using gift cards and cash), arrived today. Unfortunately, I discovered too late that I already have the same book sitting here! :blush:

zEhdyq.jpg

This also arrived today, the latest "Building the" book from Ray at Albatros Productions. While I generally never buy this sort of publication, I have no problem at all receiving them as freebies, and am slowly amassing quite a stack now, so all is good. I'll be popping off a review shortly.

zSQeCr.jpg

Posted (edited)

Not that this is something to be jealous about, but I haven't find a better thread to put it in and didn't want to create a new one.
So, I haven't done much when it comes to modeling during the winter break as we were away from home most of the time.
But still I have managed to find something interesting, by an accident:

49333456662_01ed071439_b.jpg

49332768053_7cbbf9c7da_c.jpg

49333456487_10bec72cd7_b.jpg

49333457122_58eec59335_b.jpg

And the weathered colors on the tips were interesting:

49332768503_b9c351e5d8_b.jpg

Cheers.

Juraj

Edited by Trak-Tor

And yet another double. (I'm really getting tired of this.) While I at one time kept an extensive and up-to-date Excel list of my books, I've neglected it over the years, so really have no idea what I do and do not have any more, leading directly to these double (and sometimes triple) book purchases. On the plus side, my roommate is making out like a bandit, as I give him all of my doubles, including this one.

kd4rIu.jpg