LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

Bargain Alert!!

Picked up a Trumpy Ju 87R for £34.60 delivered on EBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trumpeter-03216-model-Kit-Junkers-Ju-87r-Stuka-132-Plane-Model/132545765121?epid=1122849851&hash=item1edc57df01:g:5TAAAOSwQJxa0jp4

I know it has some issues, but even so - that's a great price, especially as it's a fairly expensive kit to ship, given its weight & size.

1 hour ago, DeanKB said:

Bargain Alert!!

Picked up a Trumpy Ju 87R for £34.60 delivered on EBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Trumpeter-03216-model-Kit-Junkers-Ju-87r-Stuka-132-Plane-Model/132545765121?epid=1122849851&hash=item1edc57df01:g:5TAAAOSwQJxa0jp4

I know it has some issues, but even so - that's a great price, especially as it's a fairly expensive kit to ship, given its weight & size.

Not dealt with that eBay store before but they have been coming up as a provider in a few searches I've been running of late. Let us know if it turns up. I usually use dawngrocerystore for my Trumpeter kits. Get through customs no hassle too.

I didn't do the same mistake twice. I initially went to a Modelling exhibition yesterday to get the new Revell 190 and ZM Toryu but suddenly saw a guy selling a pristine Gotha for 210€! Not cheap but far lower than anything I have seen for years. So, the Toryu and 190 will wait a little bit... I also got some books for very low prices including some good Ospreys sold for 5 pounds. 

14 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Not dealt with that eBay store before but they have been coming up as a provider in a few searches I've been running of late. Let us know if it turns up. I usually use dawngrocerystore for my Trumpeter kits. Get through customs no hassle too.

I've bought stuff from them before - quite a lot. The kit is waiting in Argos for me to collect, so it's turned up.

They are a bit odd, in that sometimes they sell exactly the same stuff at different prices. I think it may be some sort of "front" store for many different sellers, who end up occasionally competing against each other on price.

Also, the prices tend to be odd numbers - like £12.76, instead of £12.99 or £12.75 - so It may be converting from a foreign currency into Sterling.

I suspect it's a drop shipping operation of some sort?

Anyhow, they are reliable - the buyer feedback system on EBay always sorts out the wheat from the chaff. That, together with Paypal's guarantee, means I never worry about being ripped off on EBay.

Some scores from today's visit at the annual Belgian Scale Modellers convention.

Some book's

eNbDm2hl.jpg

sfH1ABBl.jpg

Decals for my BAC Lightning project. I just need some of them not all, so i got this from a very good friend of mine. And some Tamiya tape.

f2H6Hx1l.jpg

Some nice PWMP deck crew figures, J.P. Thank's allot mate, they are really nice.

5R5uByMl.jpg

Some brushes

ldJMCYcl.jpg

And these two baby's, thank's to J.P. again thank's mate.

kFJy6DOl.jpg

b8Giikql.jpg

Regards 

Danny

5 hours ago, DeanKB said:

I've bought stuff from them before - quite a lot. The kit is waiting in Argos for me to collect, so it's turned up.

They are a bit odd, in that sometimes they sell exactly the same stuff at different prices. I think it may be some sort of "front" store for many different sellers, who end up occasionally competing against each other on price.

Also, the prices tend to be odd numbers - like £12.76, instead of £12.99 or £12.75 - so It may be converting from a foreign currency into Sterling.

I suspect it's a drop shipping operation of some sort?

Anyhow, they are reliable - the buyer feedback system on EBay always sorts out the wheat from the chaff. That, together with Paypal's guarantee, means I never worry about being ripped off on EBay.

Yeah. Maybe. It was the weird prices that got me. Well low prices are always good but when they are significantly lower than someone I’ve used who offers what I think are good prices it sets the old alarm bells ringing. Last thing I was searching for was the Brassin bits for the Revell 190. Things now waiting at the Post Office thanks to what must be a new Postie who took them back to the office instead of using my Hidey hole that the other posties know about. Means a trip into a town at some point. 

1 hour ago, ade rowlands said:

Yeah. Maybe. It was the weird prices that got me. Well low prices are always good but when they are significantly lower than someone I’ve used who offers what I think are good prices it sets the old alarm bells ringing. Last thing I was searching for was the Brassin bits for the Revell 190. Things now waiting at the Post Office thanks to what must be a new Postie who took them back to the office instead of using my Hidey hole that the other posties know about. Means a trip into a town at some point. 

I've used them over a dozen times. Never been let down. Their pricing structure obviously creates prices that are sometimes just too low.

Be rude not to take advantage!

7 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I also got some books for very low prices including some good Ospreys sold for 5 pounds. 

It seems almost inevitable that every year I buy a fistful of books from Scott Van Aken at our local show in September. Great prices on current titles that I find almost impossible to pass up.

I just received a kit ive been looking forward to

Kinetic t-45 with nemitz carrier deck bundle. Luckymodel just got stock for it its been BO for ever. At 46$ you get a t-45 the skunkworks carrier deck 2 tractors and figures. 

Cant wait to build it. Im keeping the carrier deck for a f-14