LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

Posted (edited)

My Mercury Atlas and Mercury Redstone rocket kits came Saturday.  Add this to the Restone rocket kit and I have quite the bench top nostalgia going on.  I watched the launches as a young child more than 50 years ago... Yikes!  The kits are from Horizon Australia and are quite nice.  I think 1/72 scale is perfect for these models. The Redstone rocket kit comes it turned out as a build one of three payloads.  I did not notice this until I opened the box and discovered only one booster.  I guess I was too excited when I saw it in the LHS.  I emailed Horizion and bought the sprues for two more Redstone boosters.  Very nice folks indeed.  Special treatment as they normally do not sell parts.  The 5 rocket display will look great!

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Posted before I was done

On 5/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, ade rowlands said:

Well the Sturmbock landed. A box a little larger than the kit box. A layer of those air pillows underneath the kit, a layer wedged down one side and a layer on top, total of 16. Still. It is a Revell box so likely to crumble if you look at it wrong. The 110 box was a better affair from Revell though, that one should withstand some stash storage battle damage. The kit is quite nice too. Won’t even need AM decals as both schemes provided are quite nice. 

I picked up a pair of Revell Fw 190A-8 'Sturmbock''s from Jadlam on EBay.

£31.95 inc postage, or 5% off if you buy two.

£60.70 for two - £30.35 each with free postage.

Just nuts not to get two at that price.

1 hour ago, TonyT said:

Off to see the 38 Daks at Duxford next week, does that count?

In my book that's a big yes.

Cheers

Dennis

15 hours ago, TonyT said:

Off to see the 38 Daks at Duxford next week, does that count?

Lots of pictures please or we don’t believe you were there! ;)

1 hour ago, AlanG said:

Nice buy Dean. I have one to build in the stash but once that is done i plan to get another and do a G6 conversion.

That’s a great kit and a great conversion!

cant wait to see it!

Nice grab.  I am jealous.  I need a kit to make up the A-4.  I Bought A-1 and one A4 kits to use for the AIMS conversions.  I waited too long I guess.  I will survive I bet.

Rick

3 hours ago, AlanG said:

Nice buy Dean. I have one to build in the stash but once that is done i plan to get another and do a G6 conversion.

G-6 is a great AIMS conversion set - no too much hacking required, and you get a mean looking, fairly unique model.

I'm half-way through the Ju 188 conversion - never in my life have I been more nervous than when I hacked half the kit to pieces. Serious surgery required. At the moment I've got a fuselage that's missing the front half completely forward of the wings, with no wingtips.

I haven't got the 'stones' enough to do that yet Dean lol. Is there a build thread for your 188? I nearly bought the Dragon 1/48 years ago.

46 minutes ago, AlanG said:

I haven't got the 'stones' enough to do that yet Dean lol. Is there a build thread for your 188? I nearly bought the Dragon 1/48 years ago.

I'm starting one up after I get my den up & running next week.

The pictures may well look blurred.

My camera is fine, that will be down to my hands shaking.