LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

I just received my HpH C-47.  I wouldn't have gotten it if I hadn't gotten a good deal on it.  Almost as cheap as my Catalina.  I haven't had a chance to look at the box yet so no pics.   I also got a Trumpeter Su-25 and Academy F/A-18D earlier this week.  I really love the Ukrainian digital camo and I had to get the Hornet once I found out about Furball's sheet that has the Oceania Russian scheme. 

22 minutes ago, kkarlsen said:

ERbtzfg.jpg

BIG package arrived today from Hong Kong, thank you Neil Yan! 
First prize in the HK Models Official International Contest.

Now... where do I put this? What am I supposed to do next?

Cheers: Kent

Undoubtedly deserved.  Your work is just stunning. 

38 minutes ago, discus said:

Hello,

Postman brought me this....

IMG-1814-2.jpg

wtf?? :huh:

Ha ! That's more like it. :D

IMG-1816-2.jpg

When I order from Der Sockelshop, it always arrives like that.

Those bloody plastic peanut things are a nuisance to dispose of.

58 minutes ago, DeanKB said:

When my Revell Bf 110C shipped from Jumblies Models it came in a box that I guess 3 of them would have shipped from the factory in, so knowing the size of the kit box you can imagine how big this box was. Inside was my kit, protected by 40 odd of those air filled plastic bags. Quite the time kill disposing of those I tell you. My Revell Fw 190 Sturmbock is on the way from them currently and should be here tomorrow so let’s see how that ones packed. I’d prefer those polystyrene Peanuts to the little balls some use. Not keen on the shredded paper Hannants use for larger orders either. Always lots of dust from it when unpacking those and there’s always the stray strands I’m finding for days after despite unpacking the parcel over the bin. 

13 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

When my Revell Bf 110C shipped from Jumblies Models it came in a box that I guess 3 of them would have shipped from the factory in, so knowing the size of the kit box you can imagine how big this box was. Inside was my kit, protected by 40 odd of those air filled plastic bags. Quite the time kill disposing of those I tell you. My Revell Fw 190 Sturmbock is on the way from them currently and should be here tomorrow so let’s see how that ones packed. I’d prefer those polystyrene Peanuts to the little balls some use. Not keen on the shredded paper Hannants use for larger orders either. Always lots of dust from it when unpacking those and there’s always the stray strands I’m finding for days after despite unpacking the parcel over the bin. 

Thing is, kits are not really that fragile. They are in a box already.

Best approach it to cut up an existing cardboard box and wrap it up nice and tight, like Polarbears3kitscatcat do on EBay.

18 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Thing is, kits are not really that fragile. They are in a box already.

Best approach it to cut up an existing cardboard box and wrap it up nice and tight, like Polarbears3kitscatcat do on EBay.

Well the Sturmbock landed. A box a little larger than the kit box. A layer of those air pillows underneath the kit, a layer wedged down one side and a layer on top, total of 16. Still. It is a Revell box so likely to crumble if you look at it wrong. The 110 box was a better affair from Revell though, that one should withstand some stash storage battle damage. The kit is quite nice too. Won’t even need AM decals as both schemes provided are quite nice. 

21 hours ago, DeanKB said:

Yeah, it comes from them. :clap2:

5 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Well the Sturmbock landed. 

It is very firmly on my 'to buy' list. And yes i'm jealous lol

The UPS  office in my town takes them back.  Look for a office that packs and ships packages.  Remember that it can be fun to rub a ballon inside the bag before you hand them off to the clerk.

Rick