LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

11 hours ago, alain11 said:

cooool !!!! Danny !!!! handsome helmet , very clean !!! here is mine : French Gueneau 458 painted according to a Mirage F1 pilote' s helmet  the end of the ninety (Normandie Niemen squadron)

Thank's Alain.:speak_cool:

Very nice indeed, great color scheme mate. Do you know if the two Voltige Victor pilots had other decorations to their bone dome's or was it only the two color scheme??

Greetz

Danny

9 hours ago, dennismcc said:

In anticipation

Z44MGZ.jpg

That's one that's still on my wants list. I have four or five books on the Whirlwind, but I'd imagine this VW book will be the cream of the crop.

22 hours ago, DannyVM said:

Thank's Alain.:speak_cool:

Very nice indeed, great color scheme mate. Do you know if the two Voltige Victor pilots had other decorations to their bone dome's or was it only the two color scheme??

Greetz

Danny

hi

for now , I have no response , but I conduct investigations with experts :rolleyes: ....in the meantime , here a cool video in the cockpit , you will see "your" helmet .. it's interesting , this is an in live video , we can hear the pilot's "heavy" breathing during the tight  formation flight 

Alain

Thank's Alain, i've seen this video multiple times just to notice more regarding the art on their helmets. There is even a better video, with the same in cockpit video but only longer and there you see that their helmets have art on the front and the back.

https://youtu.be/r8o6yDm_Uf4

But again, thank's for the help mate, it's much :thumbsup:.

A few days ago my pressure regulator died, so a new one was ordered and received today. 3,000 psi tank pressure, 60 psi exit pressure, with a built-in emergency pressure relief valve. Not a bad little unit at all, and a very reasonable price. 

xrMO4t.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 10:27 PM, LSP_K2 said:

A few days ago my pressure regulator died, so a new one was ordered and received today. 3,000 psi tank pressure, 60 psi exit pressure, with a built-in emergency pressure relief valve. Not a bad little unit at all, and a very reasonable price. 

xrMO4t.jpg

What for is it? Airbrushing?

A bit unconventional, but if it fits the bill... Most people prefere compressors over storing compressed air bottles in the house. During my service in the Army there was an oxygen bottle passing through a garage wall made from reinforced concrete slabs. At least no one got harmed, except afterwards when the sergeant mayor kicked some butts (not my one :D). Since them I thread pressurized bottles with due respect :coolio:

Regards

- dutik

Edited by dutik

19 minutes ago, dutik said:

What for is it? Airbrushing?

Regards

- dutik

Yes, I use this setup for airbrushing, and have been doing so for 20 years or so with never any issues.

9 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Yes, I use this setup for airbrushing, and have been doing so for 20 years or so with never any issues.

I did this way years ago , but it became expensive , moreover ,the pressure  was not constant at the end of the bottle , now I use a 50 liter compressor , a bit noisy..... thought ....

Alain

I like your setup K2.  My short tank is chained to the wall.  I wrap it in colored paper to manage its ugliness.  

I changed to a tank source years ago so no noise and to eliminate moisture problems.

Rick

Got a surprise text today from the LHS to tell my this was in, I got a discount too. They told me they had 3 in and 1 had a damaged box. I said i was ok taking that one. Beautiful kit , photos don't really do it justice.

LxMytuQ.jpg

1 hour ago, gunpowder said:

Got a surprise text today from the LHS to tell my this was in, I got a discount too. They told me they had 3 in and 1 had a damaged box. I said i was ok taking that one. Beautiful kit , photos don't really do it justice.

LxMytuQ.jpg

Ordered mine direct from Airfix, so where is miiiiiiiiiiiine?

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I like your setup K2.  My short tank is chained to the wall.  I wrap it in colored paper to manage its ugliness.  

I changed to a tank source years ago so no noise and to eliminate moisture problems.

Rick

Once I get the new hobby benches finally finished (hopefully this autumn), I'll chain it to a leg by the paint booth that I'll also be building at the same time. And yes, clean dry air with no noise at all. I'll never go back to a compressor.

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

Ordered mine direct from Airfix, so where is miiiiiiiiiiiine?

Strange isnt it? I didnt even think it was out yet. Still says preorder on their website.