LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

17 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Another month, another hobby book purchase, this time on the Bell 47 helicopter. I've always been somewhat amazed at the  almost complete lack of good pictorial data on this helicopter (at least that I'm aware of), so I determined to snatch a copy as soon as I became aware of it.

aHxLg5.jpg

I have zip about helicopters beyond Luftwafe types in my library.  This book looks like a good place to start.  Dangerous because after I get the book I will have to shop for the helicopter  kit to go with it.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Cannot finish a thought sometimes...

Well chuffed. I've just snaffed myself a 1/32 Revell Me262 B-1/U1 for £23. Been after one of these for ages. Just need the Bf110 C7 and Sturmbok to come out now

7 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I have zip about helicopters beyond Luftwafe types in my library.  This book looks like a good place to start.  Dangerous because after I get the book I will have to shop for the helicopter  kit to go with it.

Rick

In the case of the 47, I agree. I have two Revell kits and have been wanting to add the MRC kit as well, but haven't gotten around to it,... yet.

Today the postman brought me these goodies.

Big Ed set for my KH F-5E and FOD covers for my F-4J Phantom project.

Ra2iaYwl.jpg

Last week these where brought to my doorstep. Time to try these out.

LUpfl85l.jpg

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

Ive always wanted to try some of HGWs rivet sets. 

I've heard different story's about them. On one hand, they are to small compared for 1/32 scale, due to once the primer and paint is added you won't see much of them anymore. On the other hand, my thought's, just paint, MRP will do very fine. Overdone is never a good choice, but what's in the middle???

6 minutes ago, DannyVM said:

I've heard different story's about them. On one hand, they are to small compared for 1/32 scale, due to once the primer and paint is added you won't see much of them anymore. On the other hand, my thought's, just paint, MRP will do very fine. Overdone is never a good choice, but what's in the middle???

Agreed on the MRP. The stuff is very VERY thin, but sprays surprisingly opaque, yet thin. 

I seriously think I have a problem... this arrived today:

vEtX9r.jpg

Is is anyone else swayed by these big ship kits? I have the Missouri (with Pontos upgrade set) and the Arizona (w/ Eduard upgrades). They’re just too cool!

Jimbo

32 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I seriously think I have a problem... this arrived today:

vEtX9r.jpg

Is is anyone else swayed by these big ship kits? I have the Missouri (with Pontos upgrade set) and the Arizona (w/ Eduard upgrades). They’re just too cool!

Jimbo

I also have the Big Mo and the Arizona but grabbed the Enterprise when it came out a while back. I really like large scale ship models!

Barry

35 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Jimbo

I'd have the Missouri or Bismark for sure, just can't afford them right now.

Nice I have the Bismark been thinking about a carrier.  But also. Really thinking about getting there 1/48 scale u-boat talk about huge 

Posted (edited)

1/32 Revell Fw190 A8/R11 for £23.44? Don't mind if i do! Evilbay strikes again. It will stand nicely with my He219 A2/7 and Me262B-1/U1.

On the look out for a Bf109 G6 & 10 now. Cannot wait for the Revell/Dragon Bf110 to be released. I'll have to convert it to a G4

Edited by AlanG
Dyslexia strikes again

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, AlanG said:

1/32 Revell Fw190 A8/R11 for £23.44? Don't mind if i do! Evilbay strikes again. It will stand nicely with my He219 A2/7 and Me262B-1/U1.

On the look out for a Bf109 G6 & 10 now. Cannot wait for the Revell/Dragon Bf110 to be released. I'll have to convert it to a G4

Nice one!
I got my Revell G-6 on black friday for 20€ and now there are several for around 19€ on evilbay. How cheap do you want yours to be?

I spent some time on evilbay and won three auctions unexpectedly:

584979-34859-22.jpg

Edited by Fanes