LSP_K2

Make the others jealous

32 minutes ago, Southern Bandit said:

Seen some Sci Fi stuff featured here so hope this is appropriate :)  Love good sci fi, must admit never got into Star Wars and still cant (as much as I've tried too) but serious known on current physics like 2001 does I really enjoy, Kubrick was brilliant, love his work, way ahead of its time and his time too on this project, Ritchie my Cat roars his approval too :)

Watched this back to back on 4K yesterday and then straight again with the commentary track, it never gets old for me this film.

o0FKo9i.jpg

**ASKS TO GET NEW MOVIES BACK FROM RITCHIE**

"Im sorry Colin I cant do that."

Black cats are da best BTW

1 hour ago, Southern Bandit said:

Seen some Sci Fi stuff featured here so hope this is appropriate :)  Love good sci fi, must admit never got into Star Wars and still cant (as much as I've tried too) but serious known on current physics like 2001 does I really enjoy, Kubrick was brilliant, love his work, way ahead of its time and his time too on this project, Ritchie my Cat roars his approval too :)

Watched this back to back on 4K yesterday and then straight again with the commentary track, it never gets old for me this film.

If you're interested in theoretical physics, Interstellar is hard to beat. A little weird to follow at times, but supposedly the physics concepts depicted/explored are theoretically possible, at least that is my understanding.

5 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

If you're interested in theoretical physics, Interstellar is hard to beat. A little weird to follow at times, but supposedly the physics concepts depicted/explored are theoretically possible, at least that is my understanding.

Yup, really like Interstellar, its one of those movies that creeps up on you, dont own it yet but will soon, love to keep a library of great films almost as much as I like to have a stash of great kits ... Interstellar is up there in my personal Sci Fi list of greats, Contact (Carl Sagan) too ... I really hope Rendezvous with Rama can be made into a good movie some time soon too.

20 hours ago, alain11 said:

Oooooh Danny nobody can't stop you !!!!!!! an other very nice stuff :clap2:

last week I had the chance to get my Gueneau 458 ..too 

:rolleyes: Alain

For now my last one Alain. I don't have any room left to store them. Time to go back to the modeling table.:whistle:

My favorite science fiction movie by far is 2001. Nothing could come close to it for decades and when they did, it was mostly fantasy, not hard science fiction. If you like 2001, there are some kits available in plastic. Mobius does the Discovery and Orion in 1/144, the Moonbus in 1/55 and should have the Space Pod in 1/8 scale soon. The Pod looks like it could be lit up quite well.

Tnarg

Promised Brian @Out2gtcha to post this... the 23KG Christmas box i got. I'd like to thank my good friend and business partner, owner of Sukerumodera model shop for providing me with this back breaking box and its contents!

i-Zk7fKj7-X2.jpg

i-32J2T7d-X2.jpg

i-J5DQzzD-X2.jpg

i-rRcZSSP-X2.jpg

And my apologies for not posting this any time earlier i just didn't get around to taking photos of the kit before now with all the commitments and things going on in life...

HPH custom made order 1/18 Mirage 2000-5 which i will eventually end up building as a greek bird!

i-2P6Txrt-X2.jpg

i-SrL25q4-X2.jpg

i-rc4spx3-X2.jpg

i-JtVnDFH-X2.jpg

21 minutes ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Now that's a haul, Karim! And one I'm definitely jealous of.

Kev

Kev,

that’s what happens when one of your closest friends opens up a hobby shop. If you were a bit butterfingered in your purchases before the opening of the shop, you end up completely going mad with purchases afterwards :ph34r: :doh:

its a before/after type of thing :blowup:

Wow karim did you get you xams bonus in advance this year!!!!

That had to be expensive... 

No love for that plane with the prop in the rear(sry forget the name)

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Wow karim did you get you xams bonus in advance this year!!!!

That had to be expensive... 

No love for that plane with the prop in the rear(sry forget the name)

Just saved up for quite a bit for the mirage. It’s going to be alot of work so i am not doing any promises to myself regarding when it will be on the bench. 

The prop plane in the back you mean the Uhu?