Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

I'd love to hear your impressions of that circle cutter, Carl. Perhaps a formal review?

Kev

I tried a couple quick cuts and it's very smooth and easy to use. In fact, the little green circles to the left of it in the pics were cut out of regular masking tape.

I'll try and do something formal in the next day or two.

Carl

Well, I definitely do NOT consider myself an AFV guy but here I am..................

Shawn's and Hardcore's work on the little Meng "World War Toons" , tanks has made me re-think things. Indeed, they are small, cute, fit well, inexpensive, have a minimum of parts, are something WAY different than I always work on for a nice break, and most importantly something that wont make my AMS go crazy trying to add a bunch of crap to it.

Ive always loved the King Tiger/Tiger II, and Meng's World War Toons, King Tiger looked to fit the bill nicely for all of the above, so I picked one up from SB.com:

KT_Box.jpg

menwwt-003_1_1491988228.jpg

Im thinking since I dont/wont add any purchased AM, I can add my own scratch built weld beads, and/or stowage and what not, and concentrate on giving the lil guy a super cool paint job.......................probably the late dot style camo. Probably something like this:

cb9ea95ca8e19505071c916605b1da7d.jpg

21-56004-1.jpg

I also picked up some of the new MRP German WWII AFV colors for the Tiger II as well. GREAT shooting stuff. Probably the smoothest, finest particulate paint I have shot through an AB.

Cheers! 

Edited by Out2gtcha

I had a brilliant day.... spent way more than I wanted, but then I shouldn't go with the cash in the first place! I got VERY lucky today!! Two old kits I've wanted for a very long time were both on the same stand and priced really well!

Revell 1/32nd Harrier

Heller 1/35th Frelon

Trumpeter 1/32nd Su-30MKK

Alley Cat Bf-109H conversion

Amodel 1/72nd Be-200

35139509190_0e6d9aec98_b.jpg

Hi guys.

I've become rather serious with the Clear the shelf of doom build. As a result I have been getting kits I began but then misplaced parts. Last week these two arrived and today I plan to work on the shoki. 

I am still searching for the 109 F4 parts that went missing.

20170626_092709_zps7pg35jze.jpg

I also received a Harder and Steenbeck cleaning kit for my Infinity airbrush, a Pavla ejection seat for my Mig 17 and a glider. The glider is very cute. :)

20170626_092752_zpsroudigir.jpg

Dale, what F-4 parts went walkabout? Maaaaay be able to help you as I seem to remember you mentioning a Bf109 F-4 in the past. An F-4 Phantom, however I can't help with.

Hi Ade.

As it turned out I found the parts. I then found the parts for the Shoki. :D

Happily that is a wonderful kit I will enjoy again. I want more colour options. Hopefully I can find something different like a French version. :)

Thanks so much for your offer. Much appreciated. :)

My newest addition is not a kit, but will definitely help me with my builds.  I was shopping at my local BJ's Wholesale Club and found this light. 

IMG_0075r_zpslqrbxn0e.jpg

I have been looking around for a while now but couldn't find one in my area for a decent price.  This replaces an old fluorescent fixture that I had there previously.  It puts out a lot of light.

IMG_0082r_zpscon6jsnr.jpg

I am very happy with the purchase.  Now I just need to get more bench time!

Although I just bought a new Iwata Eclipse a couple months ago, HLJ had the HP-C Plus on sale last week so I couldn't resist and picked one of those up.

20170626_142807.jpg

I also got a pair of Wave sprue cutters and some more seat belts.

20170626_142829.jpg

The Wave cutters are angled so I think they might work better in tight spaces.

20170626_142941.jpg

No new kits at the moment though.

Carl

Although I just bought a new Iwata Eclipse a couple months ago, HLJ had the HP-C Plus on sale last week so I couldn't resist and picked one of those up.

20170626_142807.jpg

Nice. I have 3 ABs and my Iwata HP-C is my go to work horse. VERY easy to maintain, and the needle is HELLA stout compared to my H&S Infinity. 

Great for major jobs and mottling too. Great easy to shoot AB with easy maintenance and a very robust nature.