Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Guys I've been running lately in trouble with my clear coat betwen using future (which is not a gloss!) AK gauzy shine enhancer (which I don't even know if it's a clear coat or just a sealer) and my dwindling supply of tamiya and GSI clears, so i went on whim and bought 4 units of MRP 2K Super clear. It's a two part varnish and hardner. Since my experience with MRP has always been extremely well i thought why not!

Has anyone had a chance to try it firsthand or heard anything about it and if it's any good? Not cheap but not super expensive either. Good thing ia it's lacquer so will not take forever to dry!

Your thoughts guys and opinions on the product, if any!

Karim

http://mrpaint.sk/image/cache/catalog/279-1600x1600.jpg

I didn't get a picture of it, but at my local IPMS meeting last night one of the members of my club gave me a Guillow's F4U-4 3/4" = 1' Giant Scale kit for free.  It appears to be complete.  I haven't built a Guillow's kit since I was a kid.  It looks to be challenging.

Guys I've been running lately in trouble with my clear coat betwen using future (which is not a gloss!) AK gauzy shine enhancer (which I don't even know if it's a clear coat or just a sealer) and my dwindling supply of tamiya and GSI clears, so i went on whim and bought 4 units of MRP 2K Super clear. It's a two part varnish and hardner. Since my experience with MRP has always been extremely well i thought why not!

Has anyone had a chance to try it firsthand or heard anything about it and if it's any good? Not cheap but not super expensive either. Good thing ia it's lacquer so will not take forever to dry!

Karim

My understating is that it's wonderful stuff in terms of the gloss it gives you. The car guys on Britmodeler love it and the results I've seen posted look great.

But I've heard it's also highly toxic to spray so please take the proper precautions.

Carl

Karim

It's aimed at cars/cycles. I haven't used it but it looks like it's

meant for a final high gloss finish. For a decal coat I'd use

MRP Super Clear MRP-48. Some people have even dipped

canopies in it with good results.

It's aimed at cars/cycles. I haven't used it but it looks like it's

meant for a final high gloss finish. For a decal coat I'd use

MRP Super Clear MRP-48. Some people have even dipped

canopies in it with good results.

Mike, thanks

ordered some MRP48 and they're also on the way!

Karim

Since I AM trying to reduce my 1/35 armor, I started an Italeri LVT which I was unable to sell; Somehow, I threw a "best offer" out on ebay, and it was accepted. So, I'll have two LVTs to add into the display case. I also bought two more Windsock Datafiles: the Pfalz DIIIa at war-vol. 1&2, and an original issue Huey in 1/32, and, I found an Italeri 1/35 Vosper on ebay for.....$109.00..... with free shipping. That lot should get here after the ICM 1/35 model T ambulance.

I think Dean and I are Doppelgangers.

Legs for my planned Tamiya P51, wheels for both my Meng 163 and Matchbox sea venom. 

P51 is waiting while I try to clear the "Shelf of doom." 

I am working on these models trying to complete them. :)

Ki-44. (Awaiting parts)

Raiden. (Awaiting parts to correct a screw up.)

Tony. (Nearly complete)

Oscar. (One more PE gear scissor link to add to the undercart, mask canopy and paint.)

109 F4. (Fixing minor flaws. Should be done soon.)

1/48.

G4M begun over 12 months ago.

Dinah. Ready for some paint.

A7M2 Sam. Because it's like a zero on steroids. :) (I wish FineMolds made 1/32 LSP. Awesome little kit.)

20170616_141634_zps4pkpjzev.jpg

Plus a couple of 1/48's that have been going on here and there. :)

I had so much fun reading Ernie's post I forgot to post my actual entry. I picked this up from my LHS today:

20170619_173523.jpg

They said it was a vinyl kit so I was expecting something hollow cast with a bunch of pour gates to remove and potentially challenging fit. Instead I found it's solid!

20170619_173619.jpg

Imagine a locating pin this size on an LSP:

20170619_173823.jpg

I'm impressed enough that I'm getting the other two dinosaur releases Pegasus did.

Carl

I had so much fun reading Ernie's post I forgot to post my actual entry. I picked this up from my LHS today:

20170619_173523.jpg

They said it was a vinyl kit so I was expecting something hollow cast with a bunch of pour gates to remove and potentially challenging fit. Instead I found it's solid!

20170619_173619.jpg

Imagine a locating pin this size on an LSP:

20170619_173823.jpg

I'm impressed enough that I'm getting the other two dinosaur releases Pegasus did.

Carl

That's awesome, Carl - and I'm officially jealous! These kits are, appropriately enough, monstrously expensive downunder, so I haven't been able to procure any of them yet. By all accounts they're great! As it happens, I've just started to do some idle assembly on some of my Tamiya dino kits.

Kev

That's awesome, Carl - and I'm officially jealous! These kits are, appropriately enough, monstrously expensive downunder, so I haven't been able to procure any of them yet. By all accounts they're great! As it happens, I've just started to do some idle assembly on some of my Tamiya dino kits.

Kev

Kev, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I opened the box but get one if you ever get the chance. The fit is pretty impressive

20170619_174121.jpg

20170619_174137.jpg

Everything is just pressed together and it took less than a minute.

The lower jaw needs some refinement but I'm really happy with the way the rest has gone together.

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Kev, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I opened the box but get one if you ever get the chance. The fit is pretty impressive20170619_174121.jpg20170619_174137.jpg

Everything is just pressed together and it took less than a minute.

The lower jaw needs some refinement but I'm really happy with the way the rest has gone together.

Carl

The Spinosaurus is also impressive. Larger than the TRex. I had to clear a place on the top of the book shelf. Only place it would fit. Creative "camo" paint jobs are all over the Internet.

Take care with the primer. I was posed to spray my usual for resin but caught myself. It should be acrylic as solvents will degrade vinyl. I used Vallejo after good soap and water wash. Have fun always.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski

The Spinosaurus is also impressive. Larger than the TRex. I had to clear a place on the top of the book shelf. Only place it would fit. Creative "camo" paint jobs are all over the Internet.

Take care with the primer. I was posed to spray my usual for resin but caught myself. It should be acrylic as solvents will degrade vinyl. I used Vallejo after good soap and water wash. Have fun always.

Rick

I've gone and ordered the Spinosaurus from LHS along with the Triceratops.

Thanks for the reminder on the paints Rick. It's been a while since I've worked with vinyl so I'd forgotten about using acrylic only.

Carl