Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Shameless plug.

A family friend wrote a book about her Dads' and Uncles' experiences during WWII.  I believe her Dad was a gunner on the Big E during WWII, was in all of her Campaigns, and retired as the Navy JAG, a one star.  One Uncle was captured in the Philippines.  The other Uncle was in the WWII Map Room.

the-jersey-brothers-9781501104145_hr.jpg

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by dodgem37

I just received a note from my children that for Father's Day they got together and bought me a spot on the Vintage Wings of Canada "Mustang IV Ground School" on June 3. It's a full day session (9:00am to 4:30pm) limited to 20 people, and they teach you the technical systems (engine, electrical and hydraulic systems, flying controls, instrumentation), flying and handling characteristics, cockpit familiarization, aircraft history and history of the Mustang with the RCAF. Lunch and coffee breaks are included. If the weather is good there may be a flight demonstration for the group.

I am still picking myself up off the floor. This is a dream gift.

Richard

Edited by R Palimaka

I had an An-124 fly over my car up at Moffet Field. The noise was crazy, and it was powerful enough to almost move my car out of the lane I was in. Absolutely

massive airplane

Matt :frantic:

A month and a half ago it was flying around Vandenberg Air Force Base

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4

I just received a note from my children that for Father's Day they got together and bought me a spot on the Vintage Wings of Canada "Mustang IV Ground School" on June 3. It's a full day session (9:00am to 4:30pm) limited to 20 people, and they teach you the technical systems (engine, electrical and hydraulic systems, flying controls, instrumentation), flying and handling characteristics, cockpit familiarization, aircraft history and history of the Mustang with the RCAF. Lunch and coffee breaks are included. If the weather is good there may be a flight demonstration for the group.

Richard

That is really a special gift Richard, made even more special by the kids bunching up together to make it happen!

Enjoy your gift, it's in less than a month!

Karim

Hey Dale! Nice haul my friend. Did you see the turbo cavalier conversion for the tami p51? Very interesting aircraft. Thanks for sharing!

Karim

Hey Karim. I do hope all is well.

Check this out. True story.

I'll be puttering along, minding my own business when BANG!  The image of your Mig 3 springs to mind.

Fair dinkum mate. After I post here I'm going to go have another look.

Indeed, I thought about you and the other lot of talented smarty pantses here yesterday when upon laying down a black base coat I noticed some, niggles? I thought 2 things. 

1. Those will be the only things I see when I look at this model in 3 months.

2. What would those talented characters at LSP do? 

So I took the extra time, recalled all the advice on the issues I'd learned here, then used them. I have to thank you, Karim, and all the others.

Cheers. It's all very inspiring.

Yep, that Tamiya Mustang is a really nice kit, Dale. You should enjoy that one a lot.

Cheers mate. Yeah I'm looking at it and doing some planning. I keep reading the instructions. My Tony's progressing nicely now I can think straight again. When that's done I will quickly complete the little 1/48 Dinah and get it out of the way. Then I can begin a really good project. :)

Dale, now you have gone and made me want one..........: ;)

Mate it looks like a great kit. I also have the Zouki Moura. They both look superb. I bought the Tamiya because I think my skills are not quite up to what the ZM requires. The Tamiya appears simpler to me, looking at the parts through ags and reading the instructions. Plus I have a great modeling mate who reckons the Tamiya kits are the bees knees.

He highly recommends the Corsair as well. In fact more highly than the P-51.

Richard

Hi Richard.

Mate, that's awesome! First thing that sprang to mind is that you must've been a good dad. :)

Enjoy.

A month and a half ago it was flying around Vandenberg Air Force Base

We don't see that sort of thing around here. :(

So, I was lucky enough to sell an old drum of mine I no longer needed. You guessed it, I put some of the funds toward modeling. :)

I got tools like brushes and oil paints etc. I bought a three tier acrylic display cabinet plus various things, some shown here. I surprised myself buying 3 1/48 kits. One of which is yet to arrive. My reasons are pretty good. My hands need to work with small parts. I reckon a fighter is 4 days maximum. Something like a 1/48 Hasegawa 109 could be thrown together in 2. After working with 1/32 over the past year I think I'm a bit spoilt now.  (I'm astounded by the amazing range now available in that scale.)

20170518_124852_zpsskatso3r.jpg

20170518_124941_zpspcjyvxgj.jpg

One of the tools I bought was this. I plan to rid painted builds I am unhappy with and repaint them. 

20170518_130143_zpsmmwseqvv.jpg

On another note, my vacuum cleaner died last Sunday. So I went to Ebay and bought a brand new one for $69.95 delivered, and it arrived today!!! :D Same story with my cabinet. I am looking forward to it's arrival tomorrow. :)