Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Caution! Flying Daggers!

Got Aztec decals for Argentinian Mirages and Daggers and a pitot tube too:

mirage01bvqjj.jpg

Have two Mirage kits in the stash (one in blue styrene... Yeah! Flying Smurfs ahead :thumbsup:  ). Will look for conversion sets. They pop up at the Bay from time to time. If you have a surplus one - I am listening.

Or maybe I will just wait until the new III E kit hits the shelfes. But only if it doesn't take that long to miss the 35th anniversary 2017...

- dutik

Nothing to do with models, but i had to buy a new upper tool box for my roll cab at work. This meant the 55"x24" stainless steel top could no longer be used. Brought it home and it replaced the old wood top i was using for part of my work bench. This also was the time to extend the bench another two feet. Man, it looks good!! Will also make cutting masking tape easy.

IMG_4375_zpsownpreh4.jpg

IMG_4377_zpspvjgnuwv.jpg

Now i need to start building again!!

Don

Have two Mirage kits in the stash (one in blue styrene... Yeah! Flying Smurfs ahead :thumbsup:  ). Will look for conversion sets. They pop up at the Bay from time to time. If you have a surplus one - I am listening.

Or maybe I will just wait until the new III E kit hits the shelfes. But only if it doesn't take that long to miss the 35th anniversary 2017...

- dutik

Conversion currently on ebay, should work with the new IIIE kit  http://www.ebay.com/itm/NESHER-1-32-resin-conversion-for-REVELL-MIRAGE-IIIE-5-Eagle-Designs-32CK05-/171901036576?hash=item280619a820

I'd sell the Revell Mirages on ebay while you can still get a decent price.

Edited by Kagemusha

Thank you for pointing to the offer!

Spotted them yesterday (I knew they show on Ebay in regular intervals, so I awited them) and ordered what needed to make an in-flight Dagger (nose and exhaust sets). Also donated some money to Paul Fisher for a cockpit set :)

Don't want to wait that long until the announced III E kit hits the shelves (if ever, who knows...). I will start my own Mirage build when summer and tourist season is over. Flying Daggers ahead!  :yahoo:

As for my other Revell Mirage in the stash: Well, I think I will look for some time for an Isracast set to make a Kfir, C-7 preferably. Lets face ist: The overall price to do so might be the same regardless if you add the OOP Isracast set to a cheap Revell kit or go with a not-so-cheap new Mirage III E or Kfir C-1 kit and add a yet to be released conversion set...

But if I am not able to lay my hands on an Isracast set in near future I shall follow your good advise :hi:

Regards

- dutik

Still not much modelling for me.

To much back pain.

I just can sit a little, but I have to sit with my back right up.

So, great for reading some great books who I just have buy.

Here the reading corner and the new books

IMG_20150827_130301_zpsmny9d3ue.jpg

That ashtray is totally cool. It reminds me of a metal airliner/cigarette lighter that I had, long, long, ago.

That's just awesome. One of these days I'll attend the airliners international convention again,... tons of cool stuff to be found there. (I've already added this event to my personal calendar, as my roommate, who is a rabid airliner guy, and myself, may make the trip next year. I haven't been since the event was hosted in St Louis several years ago.)

So I've spoilt myself to some new kits and these arrived from Japan this week.

First Up - I think Im turning Japanese

Fujimi 1/350 Hiryu and Shokaku kits. These are the premium kits with all of the Fujimi Photoetch Metal Barrels and Deck Masks. Sadly the Fujimi wooden deck sets are not included.

F3E41856-92BB-4ED3-BA5F-1761A702F406_zps

C626B2F1-19CA-432A-9002-B469F225FD10_zps

Hasegawa 1/350 IJN Carrier A/C sets x 8 (I know have 14 sets...!)

D0590B22-D19C-4050-A946-D3BDB3D1FD05_zps

A set of Fujimi 1/350 D3a Val's -

Hasegawa 1/350 wooden deck set

and some names plates fo my 1/350 Akagai and Kaga kits

E5C33F6D-0E95-4253-9F33-52A55BB358D7_zps

The Doyusha 1/100 A6m Zero set - this is pretty cool.

71C433DE-259B-47EC-B293-BF596C97FE56_zps

10A5DABB-E86E-4101-9E61-5294D82D273A_zps

And finally a Hasegawa 1/48 D3a Val - and I'm still deaming of one of these in 1/32, come on Hasegawa...pleeeeaasssee

BFA7B578-509D-462E-99AA-AEAACDA33367_zps

Next up are the new Star Wars kits by Bandai, these are really detailed kits and IMO better than the FInes Molds kits from a few years ago. The scout trooper with speeder bike is pretty wicked.

4CEDBB5F-FB51-4134-A3D7-5D1C48A2B2B2_zps

And finally to cap off this splurge are these from Tamiya.......

EB871A9A-54BC-40A7-9A6F-ECFDE18DA28B_zps

8BA4D7EB-4C51-46AA-84A6-52469DF40FB4_zps