Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Here's what i've been collecting over the last few months:

image_zpsgajihtqz.jpg

I got this Mosquito over a month ago, and just haven't had the time to post it up. Still in shrink.

Rosie the Riveter tools... took these for a test on some plastic and they are fantastic!

HGW Uhu Seatbelts - the last AM part I needed.

Mini Book Reviews

Disclaimer: I'm not a stickler for rivet counting, but I'm leaning towards the best detail possible for my next build - so some things I'm saying may seem to be uncharacteristic for me

Kagero 49 - I've read through it a few times now - a great book, must buy for reference; But, it's not enough on it's own. This book is required if you need rivet details explained - as the internet will not provide what you need and NEITHER Revell or ZM have many rivets on the plastic. The rivet details in the book are somewhat guessed (in the fact that they just drew straight lines of rivets across the entirety of the aircraft, and you'll find rivets in places you would not find in real life on ANY airplane) you can tell they used a basic CAD style layout for it and it wasn't fully thought out, but it'll get you close as you wont find this stuff on the net - these minor gripes do not take away from the entire experience of the book.  The scale CAD fold outs are fantastic.

Valiant Wings: Airframe 1 - I just received this today and have already read through it while on my flight. This in my opinion is a better book, MUCH better photos and less "guessing" that seems apparent in areas of the Kagero book. There are more historical photos and details not found in the Kagero book - the Kagero book bases a lot of its reference photos off of the NASM specimen in restoration - so paint colors will not be correct in some areas IE the engine( This is also the biggest downfall to the ZM kit, as they aren't calling out correct colors in seemingly obvious areas). The explanation of the planned, tested, and production aircraft was the most useful part to me - as some modeller sources will lead you a-stray in the ACTUAL differences of the airframes and what's provided in the model kits we have access to.

Valiant Wings : Airframe 2 - This is a great book for learning some new techniques (that's why I bought it); but, the author builds the ZM Uhu right from the box and follows the instructions faithfully and falls into "Modeller Induced Errors" such as engine coloring etc - which is hard to understand as they have an amazing reference book to be followed. Overall a great book, and a great book for techniques.

Aces High Magazine : Night Fighters - Fantastic magazine, cool techniques and ideas to spark some creativity.

As some of you may know, I'm working on a ZM Uhu. I'm about to post a WIP but I wasn't going to start it until I had everything I needed to begin. The goal with this model will be to model as accurate as possible within reason.One engine is dry fit together and painting will begin shortly. Stay tuned for that. I also build a 1/48 uhu out of the box to get a test bed for the painting techniques I'll use on the big Owl. I was originally not going to do a black scheme, but it's what makes the Uhu a Uhu to me.

Here are some shots of it if you missed it in the Non-LSP forum, it took gold at the last event:

image_zpstxsvb0lt.jpg

image_zpsvvqlf1aa.jpg

image_zpsfpsoboy0.jpg

Justin

Edited by FunkyZeit

Err, THIS particular kit only comes with the "long tail", aka dinghy compartment. No standard ("short") taiI end included. I had a look at the kit for the same reasons (conversions..., and was on sale for half price of other 110 kits).

Saying this just to save you some trouble.

Regards

- dutik

Hey!! ... You are right on that score!! ... Thanks for picking that up ... I was sure that they'd have the shorter tail in 'parts not for use' ...

I'll have to see what can be done about it!

Rog :)

Err, THIS particular kit only comes with the "long tail", aka dinghy compartment. No standard ("short") taiI end included. I had a look at the kit for the same reasons (conversions..., and was on sale for half price of other 110 kits).

Regards

- dutik

Yes dutik you are correct, I ran into the same when I was looking for a C, but could only find a D which are far less sought after. Some of the resin guys should pick it up and do a regular tail.

Got these today via our trusty German importer (Aerospezial shop this is):

img_467462sr7.jpg

Grabbed them while available here. More parts for the B-25 in the stash. I still lack a skyraider kit, but time will come. Santa, can you hear me?

- dutik

Regards

- dutik

Hey!! ... You are right on that score!! ... Thanks for picking that up ... I was sure that they'd have the shorter tail in 'parts not for use' ...

I'll have to see what can be done about it!

Yes dutik you are correct, I ran into the same when I was looking for a C, but could only find a D which are far less sought after. Some of the resin guys should pick it up and do a regular tail.

dutik ... Thomas ...

As you are both probably aware, I keep in regular contact with the person who is doing the masters for the G-4 conversion.

I forwarded a query regarding this question of the tailpiece ... because the donor kit that I sent him was the 'nachtjäger' kit with the shorter tailpiece.

The response is (in short): that since the current short one would need to be modified anyway to suit the G-4 (three tail lamps instead of one) - a complete new tailpiece will be provided in the correction set.

This will satisfy the requirement to modify/correct 'any Dragon Bf.110 kit'

dutik ... thankyou, very much again, for bringing this to my attention!

dutik ... Thomas ...

As you are both probably aware, I keep in regular contact with the person who is doing the masters for the G-4 conversion.

I forwarded a query regarding this question of the tailpiece ... because the donor kit that I sent him was the 'nachtjäger' kit with the shorter tailpiece.

The response is (in short): that since the current short one would need to be modified anyway to suit the G-4 (three tail lamps instead of one) - a complete new tailpiece will be provided in the correction set.

This will satisfy the requirement to modify/correct 'any Dragon Bf.110 kit'

dutik ... thankyou, very much again, for bringing this to my attention!

It's a pleasure.

If "any Dragon 110 kit" is important please note that the C-7 (and any mark C) has a smaller tailwheel than following marks (and the kit has only the small wheel in the box). Of course the C-7 kit is OOP...

Regards

- dutik

It's a pleasure.

If "any Dragon 110 kit" is important please note that the C-7 (and any mark C) has a smaller tailwheel than following marks (and the kit has only the small wheel in the box). Of course the C-7 kit is OOP...

Regards

- dutik

dutik .:.

IIRC the tail wheel on the F/G variant was different altogether from the others ...

If that is the case, I'd say our 'master maker' is already onto it!

I'm rarely participating in this thread but I got a book I've been looking after for ages:

At last, I found one of my holy Grails for a "normal" price!

The Methuen handbook of Colour! :yahoo:

I realized a long time ago I would not find one for cheap but I was neither willing to pay hundreds of euros for such a book. With patience, I finally got one from the US for less than 100€ p&p and taxes included.

The funny part of this is that I discovered some days ago that this is THE reference for WW1 modellers. I did not realize this before developing a recent interest in Albatros and Pfalz fighters...! So, this arrives at the right time. :D