Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

And Brian, in the past, when I've been really wanting to have a permanent record of a web page (or pages), that I see, I just convert them to PDF. That way I always have a copy, regardless of what a particular site does with those pages. I always enjoyed that old thread too, and is the primary reason I started it again.

And Brian, in the past, when I've been really wanting to have a permanent record of a web page (or pages), that I see, I just convert them to PDF. That way I always have a copy, regardless of what a particular site does with those pages. I always enjoyed that old thread too, and is the primary reason I started it again.

Good Idea K2!

Too bad the other thread had to go, but thank you for keeping the idea alive!

I got an email yesterday from Ebay. Apparently, they had some sort of issue the other night that caused some people some grief. Whatever it was, it never affected me, personally. However, they issued a coupon code, so I thought I would put it to good use. I just ordered an Eagle Parts corrected cowl cover for the Fw 190A-7/8/9 and it only cost me a total of 45 CENTS! Since I just purchased the A-9 cowl ring/cooling fan, last week, I know I'll be putting this to good use! :evil_laugh:

John

Hey John ... Just on that correction, is the Hasegawa kit part for an A-7/8 dodgey??

Rog :)

Hey John ... Just on that correction, is the Hasegawa kit part for an A-7/8 dodgey??

Rog :)

Rog,

The kit part isn't horrible, but the EP part is certainly better. The "humps" are a little more rounded and the small bumps on top not so sharp, either. The Hasegawa parts are like a plan form drawing in 3D ("harder" lines, if that makes sense), whereas the EP version smooths out the wrinkles, so to speak.

John

Rog,

The kit part isn't horrible, but the EP part is certainly better. The "humps" are a little more rounded and the small bumps on top not so sharp, either. The Hasegawa parts are like a plan form drawing in 3D ("harder" lines, if that makes sense), whereas the EP version smooths out the wrinkles, so to speak.

John

Ahh no worries ... So not so much error correction as refinement ... Still, another part for me to look at later :)

Thanks John

Great selection of books, Tony!

I was wondering, RE: the Walter Schuck book; does it have any photos of the 262(s) that he flew? I have a set of artist's profiles, one dedicated solely to Schuck, that are signed by him and have given serious consideration to doing my Trumpy kit in his markings, but I can't seem to find anything solid. Other profiles and paintings seem to vary a bit. Most depict his plane as "Yellow 1", but the paint scheme is usually different from one to the next. Thank you for any insight you can give.

John

Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane has just landed. Looking forward to doing it, just a couple of other small models to finish off first ...

Edited by MikeC

Hi y'all

Pictures of my vintage prints, and if you look closely they are signed by WWI pilots.

Yes they are legit.........

DSCN0089_zps86df4c4d.jpg

DSCN0090_zpsb880dd8f.jpg

DSCN0091_zps9c57180d.jpg

DSCN0092_zpsebf8241b.jpg

The top print of the last two is a Jack Hunter picture he signed (He wrote the book "The Blue Max") I also have a collectors edition of the novel that he illustrated with his signature.

more to  follow.......

See ya

See

Eesh...sorry guys.

LSP Mike knows how I prune trees :evil_laugh: .  LSP Kev has often talked about the size of the data in hassling our move to new and better digs.  I guess it turned into the Chainsaw massacre...

I deleted anything that didn't seem like it might be useful or contain factoids that might be of useful reference. Anything chit-chatty, birthday, newspaper articles etc...boom...headshot.

Soz...Matty