Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

My earlier smugness about the cheap Fedex shipping has come back to bite us on the bottom. Just this week Mrs Stokey Pete has been informed her entire office is due to be closed later in the year, and that her position is now under threat of redundancy. 
Silver lining, I’ll take FULL advantage of the cheap shipping until it’s taken away. 

16 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Discus,

Please no offense intended but I feel you should dispose of that set in an environmentally friendly way and look for a more modern detail set.  

No offense taken ;)

Had a good laught. Thanks :thumbsup:

That's indeed Olivier Pinsolle's conversion. Someone was selling it (for a crazy price) on a french forum.

Edited by discus

Recently I wanted to purchase 2 new H&S needle nozzle sets, .2 and .4. The price for two approx $180.00. 

Searching further I discovered a H&S Ultra airbrush with both sets for 179.00.

It was a no brainer.  

My 3rd H&S airbrush. Matching perfectly with my 3 Iwata's. :)

E9Pa7r.jpg

Edited by mpk

I needed pigment. Happily the bar where my band plays is close to the local art store. After a full day dealing with airbrushing, applying chalks and pigments, I combined the two. 

"Would you like margaritas with your pigments?"

Yes please. :thumbsup:

pyD0Cn.jpg

Edited by mpk

I'm a big fan of the old Aero Detail books and bought quite a few of them prior to retirement for future builds but that was years ago (2002/3) so I do look out for them, however the prices now are too much so I don't bother looking for them.

A few days ago I got an e mail from Bookworld Wholesale advertising some Aero Detail books, I had bought books from the before but I was a bit dubious as the prices were more like the original price at £27.5 so I took a punt and ordered two, Hawker Hurricane and Mitsubishi Zero. The orders were limited to one per person though.

The next day I thought about it and decided to order a few more, however when I looked most had been sold out already but I managed to get two covering the Fw 190D and Bf 109E.

On the inside cover I found a Midland Counties sticker with the original price at £21.95 so not a bad deal.

And they all arrived safely.

KkvHH4.jpg

QHrOB5.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

1 hour ago, dennismcc said:

I'm a big fan of the old Aero Detail books and bought quite a few of them prior to retirement for future builds but that was years ago (2002/3) so I do look out for them, however the prices now are too much so I don't bother looking for them.

A few days ago I got an e mail from Bookworld Wholesale advertising some Aero Detail books, I had bought books from the before but I was a bit dubious as the prices were more like the original price at £27.5 so I took a punt and ordered two, Hawker Hurricane and Mitsubishi Zero. The orders were limited to one per person though.

The next day I thought about it and decided to order a few more, however when I looked most had been sold out already but I managed to get two covering the Fw 190D and Bf 109E.

On the inside cover I found a Midland Counties sticker with the original price at £21.95 so not a bad deal.

And they all arrived safely.

KkvHH4.jpg

QHrOB5.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Remember ordering a good number of those from HLJ a good few years back now. Nice books, I regret selling them now.