Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

15 minutes ago, Phartycr0c said:

Iain, wallet accidentally slip open again did it? seriously good hit of WNW kits there. ! 

Yeah, the moths are pretty angry right now - it's been a while since they were disturbed!

My Telford replacement, that's my excuse, anyway...

Iain

6 hours ago, Iain said:

Odd start to the working day...

Rocked up at the office at 08:35 to find a strange man sat outside in his car.

Some bloke by the name of Redcap1960, apparently of this parish...

Anyhow, he was bearing some rather special boxes, really not sure how that happened! <shrugs shoulders> :rolleyes::whistle:

48b427_c6ef9b45e3b2431c86c1e3a04ef43f2f~

Birthdays and Christmas all at once...

Thanks @Redcap1960 - you're a star - and great to meet you!  :)

Iain

Iain,

And a pleasure to meet you ‘in the flesh’ so to speak. I think I can state a good day was had by all! Met up with an old friend after I left you and was still back home in time for tea. All in all a solid day out. Just as well as it was managed before any further restriction due to Covid occur on Monday. 

Still have my ‘round robin’ to do on Saturday, dropping off more WnW kits to individuals... and the occasional Kitty Hawk Mirage 2000; North London followed by Derbyshire followed by SUFFOLK. Could be an interesting trip and at least it saves on all that fiddly ‘wrappin and packin’.  

Take care and enjoy.

Gary.

1 hour ago, Neo said:

zRhLkjV.jpg

Nice find! 

Those are super cool looking.......if they are rare, and looking at the more basic colors/non-3D art on the sheet, Id almost be tempted to scan it into my PC, then using Silhouette software  trace everything out (since they would already be sized correctly ) and then make some masks from the sheet, spray all the markings and sell the sheet and get the money back (or maybe even more than you paid if they are hard to find)!

I've been on a bit of a tool-buying spree of late, so I thought I'd post the 3 big-ticket items, all of which are recent arrivals. Firstly, one of the new DragonAir airbrushes from my friend Scott Taylor at SMS:

qcP80U.jpg

This one has a 0.3mm needle/nozzle. They also produce a 0.2mm version, which I'm hoping to pick up once they're in stock again. Looking forward to taking it for a test drive when the opportunity arises!

Next up we have two power tools from David Union, courtesy of Troy Molitor here at LSP. First one is the D400 sander:

7Xk3qZ.jpg

I certainly could have used this on the Tiger Moth a couple of weeks back!

The next unit is the D360 Elite router, which is really just a mini-motor tool with Dremel-compatible chucks:

autcVb.jpg

Looking forward to taking both of these for a spin, too!

Kev

I've picked up a couple new kits lately, nothing LSP though. Mostly 1/35 stuff

PXL_20201007_131558827-600x450.jpg

I'm currently building the earlier release of this kit with a different style of trailer so thought I'd pick this one up as well. 

PXL_20201007_131617921-600x450.jpg

I'm definitely not a ship modeler but I've wanted one of those for a while so finally broke down and got one. 

PXL_20201009_190743775-600x450.jpg

Lastly, I recently sold my fat bike as I can't ride in the winter any more.  I decided to pick up something to just goof around on

IMG_20201008_211403-338x450.jpg

Need to get some discs for it, otherwise I have pretty much everything else needed to build it up. 

Should make for a fun ride at the neighbourhood bike park. Or one of my sons can ride it. 

Carl

12 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

I've picked up a couple new kits lately, nothing LSP though. Mostly 1/35 stuff

PXL_20201007_131558827-600x450.jpg

I'm currently building the earlier release of this kit with a different style of trailer so thought I'd pick this one up as well. 

PXL_20201007_131617921-600x450.jpg

I'm definitely not a ship modeler but I've wanted one of those for a while so finally broke down and got one. 

PXL_20201009_190743775-600x450.jpg

Lastly, I recently sold my fat bike as I can't ride in the winter any more.  I decided to pick up something to just goof around on

IMG_20201008_211403-338x450.jpg

Need to get some discs for it, otherwise I have pretty much everything else needed to build it up. 

Should make for a fun ride at the neighbourhood bike park. Or one of my sons can ride it. 

Carl

Nice goodies Carl!  Did you move out of the city, is that why you got rid of the Fat Bike?

2 hours ago, Michael931080 said:

Nice goodies Carl!  Did you move out of the city, is that why you got rid of the Fat Bike?

Thanks Michael! 

No, we're still in the city and the potholes are still just as bad.  I can't ride in winter any more after my triple bypass last fall. I'm too susceptible to the cold now. I did take it for one last rip through Durham Forest right before dropping off with the buyer. It was a ton of fun. I still have other bikes though so I'm still able to hit the dirt. 

Okay, I posted about MAJ Carpenter a few weeks back. Found this earlier this week on FB, arrived today!!!
Okay, not letting me paste a photo this time. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/bronco-cb35018-piper-cub-l-4h--133024

:beer:

Cheers, 

Dave

P.S. just reviewed the instructions, it accounts for the 2 sprues with the bazookas, but nothing about the assembly of the bazookas on their platforms! **facepalm**

Edited by Hartmann352