Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

The last box of the recent spate of orders arrived today ...

A small one ...

qvZe7FW.jpg

With a massive turned metal barrel (for the Tiger) and bits to put it together.

NaAxAtY.jpg

... and a couple of turned metal machine gun barrels for the Pz.38(t)

WpJJrJG.jpg

Now I have to pick a kit for a WIP :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I can't build the Luch's because they don't come with the metal barrel and I can't find anywhere with 2 in stock at the moment

So that leaves the Pz.IV.H, the Tiger, the Panther and the Pz.38(t) ... decisions, decisions!

Rog :)

9 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Now I have to pick a kit for a WIP :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I can't build the Luch's because they don't come with the metal barrel and I can't find anywhere with 2 in stock at the moment

So that leaves the Pz.IV.H, the Tiger, the Panther and the Pz.38(t) ... decisions, decisions!

Rog :)

Personally, I'd like to see the Tiger I. I don't think I've ever seen it built here, and would like to know more about it.

The German StuG has long fascinated me, and despite having quite a lot of data on it already, I just could not resist the temptation to also add this Osprey volume; 200 plus pages of Sturmgeschütz delightfulness. I enjoyed the previous Panther book so much, grabbing this one was a super easy decision.

NRTduy.jpg

Given my recently re-discovered passion for the V2, I’ve now gone ahead and added this book about Pennemünde to my pile. After considerable searching (and some good luck), I’ve now been able to find answers to many of the questions I had regarding the actual launch configuration of the rocket, which most models, as it turns out, don’t address; odd since most all of the kits do provide the basic launch platform itself. The book, while not quite what I had hoped, is nonetheless loaded with some excellent photos, many of which I’ve never seen before (or with such clarity), and may answer even more of my questions. I’ll be giving it a thorough look-see tonight.

UJrwzJ.jpg

Well considering I am not getting any younger and I have some pretty big projects I want to do at some point...

Now that I can get back to some modeling, I decided to invest in a trinocular stereo microscope.

thumbnail%20(1).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail%20(2).jpg

Sorry for the crappy pics and mess.  I just wanted to get it set up to make sure it worked just fine and know what kind of space I will need for it.  These pics were taken on my cellphone hench the quality or lack there of.  Anyway, that is 1/16th of an inch on a 23 inch monitor if that gives you an idea on how far it zooms in and that is with a 0.5x Barrow lens

Added some gizmos to my Toryu kit:

toryu-0w2ky9.jpg

Bulged wheels, metal wheel struts, dashboard and a japanese airfield fire extinguisher. Safety first! :thumbsup:

The concept notes are great:

Photos of the real thing inside and out, a short story of the whole construction and two step-by-step builds of two different variants from the first boxing, with notes where to take care and how to superdetail it even more. Only nitpick: Wish they had used a larger font to make it better readable. If you don't have references of the Toryu and don't want to spend a lot of money for books: Grab this, this fits all your needs for a complete build.

Highly recommended! :punk:

Regards

- dutik

On 8/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, Iain said:

Just when you though it was safe to open the post box, these appeared.

Really can't understand how that happened:

2326-1.jpg

2325-1.jpg

The following is an oddball one for me - but it appealed and should be a fun build (eventually!):

48b427_e4b0ed4495724baebd4307f0d9aa1c1a~

And a visit to my friend Tim Perry (@wunwinglow) yesterday resulted in these test pieces for the Tornado F3 he's been working on.

Please don't hassle him at this stage - I'm sure he'll shout when he's ready!  :)

These parts will be used as a test build that I'll put in a suitable thread, so you can give feedback there, perhaps...

48b427_2eee6cf5a450497ea9f2afd7ff86629a~

And he's kindly lent me his 'test mule' for reference (parts have changed as he's developed them):

48b427_650049165bc347bc87e0646974d2bf1d~

Tornado F3 is one of my favourite jets - and one I worked on when I was a Technical Author in the Flight Simulator world, so have wanted to build one for a loooong time...

Have fun!

Iain

Iain,

Have fun with the Panzer I. It’s a great kit. I have been waiting for this since we first saw armour appearing in 1/16 scale. It’s big, but not a monstrosity like. King Tiger. Even better that they introduced a SCW version at the beginning. I have it and a couple of the follow on Pz.Kpfw.I Ausf. A’s as well and am looking forward to the Ausf.B variant that has been announced. Lot’s of conversion potential. Now if only they would complete the range with pan Ausf.C and. Pz.Kpfw.Ii Ausf.G to follow on from the Luch’s and I would be a very, very, happy teddy.

Hope you have kept well during the pandemic. I’m still waiting to be able to ‘stand down’ from the Hospital beforehand I can head North for a break. It’s been a long 5+ months. Once I do I’ll let you know about the WnW kits that are available if you are still interested?

Regards,

Gary