Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

It's been a while since I had anything to post here ...

This book arrived a couple of weeks ago - another great book from Rich at Chandos Publications:

vrBSXdf.jpg

But I knew this box was on the way so I thought I'd wait ...

tnkkpAC.jpg

Because its a bulk purchase they sent one of these ... TBH I'd rather a $50 voucher for Dan Murphys so I can grab a carton of Crownies and watch the footy.

SCy4F7X.jpg

1/35 scale is good for dioramas .... But I've decided that bigger is better for stand alone displays and so this is my first foray in 1/16 with more on the way ...

Lc1ZibE.jpg

SbKAzlA.jpg

And ... I know, I KNOW it's a turd ... but all those nose guns ... and someone is bound to make some AM corrections.

ANc684N.jpg

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

Humm i did not know that invader was out yet. Is it true its got 14 cylinder engines ?

Apparently dropping 4 cylinders for weight saving purposes(joke)

Edited by Neo

Well just received the next project , spotted on Evil bay last week, and bought on sunday , cost almost as much as the buc, someone was keeping me honest I guess..

jQ835s9.jpg

To be honest I'd forgotten this kit ever existed , but I just had to have it , fortunately it comes with all the Resin extras, Front and rear cockpits, U/C and fuselage sets, but no decals or instructions ..

cQpzaI0.jpg

CYMWpYv.jpg

bQ0ReAe.jpg

Since there are 2 fuselage and wing  sets , I've been  mulling over an idea... since Paul Fisher's tragedy , and the cancellation of his Firefly project . I'm thinking about something like this 

1280px-Fairey_Firefly.jpg

Edited by Scotsman
I'm a twit

10 hours ago, Neo said:

Humm i did not know that invader was out yet. Is it true its got 14 cylinder engines ?

Yeppers .... and the rear ventral turret is missing .... and the nacelles are off ... definitely NOT an 'A Team' effort.

Still ... there are that many enthusiasts out there that someone will get onto the AM gravy train at some point, I'm sure.

And if not ... I'll hide it at the back of the display cabinet :D :D

Rog :)

Nothing that anyone would really be jealous of, I suppose, but I just today received this V2 kit, a gift from a pal. I'm strongly considering banging it out (only after a big Jagdtiger that I'm currently working on is finished), for some shows next year. I like it.

zmp8L8.jpg

On 7/29/2020 at 7:42 AM, Neo said:

It could be a fun kit bash to combine this kit with the ID Models vac kit.  This Franklin-vac would have all the best parts of both kits. Just need to buy some engine fronts with more cylinders.  This is Just a thought, a late night thought. 

My one concession to hobby related items this month (so far), was this delightful Panther book by Osprey. While I already have a ton of Panther reference books, more are always welcome, and this is one very handsome hardbound volume indeed. A reprint of an earlier volume, it’s really a splendid book, with well over 200 pages of Panther coolness.

fb7Jje.jpg