Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Having won an HK Lancaster in the big anniversary draw here on LSP, I've picked up the latest upgrade from Iconicair for it. 

Graham is making a bomb aimer's blister without the antenna holes in it so I picked up a pair. 

IMG_20200529_135356-L.jpg

I also got his Spitfire cowl correction set and Dambusters set for the HK Lanc.

IMG_20200529_135444-L.jpg

Carl

My Monogram 1:8 '32 Ford roadster (the "Big Deuce") showed up today, a great deal from one of our own. (Thanks a ton, Chris, I really appreciate the deal.) Kit is complete but partially built, but with some serious love I'll restore it to full glory, or at least that's the plan.

iRle9y.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ever since I started to build the Echelon E E Lightning F6 vacuform kit, and found it so well engineered and enjoyable, I've been looking around for their other iconic British jet, the Hawker Hunter.  Similarly as rare as hen's teeth, the only one I've seen for sale was in California and they rejected my (I thought) reasonable offer a few months ago.  But casually browsing eBay last week.......lo and behold one of my Holy Grails, in Britain and with a starting price of £10.00!  There were only two serious bidders in contention and I got it for half the price I was willing to go to.  It arrived today, I'm absolutely thrilled!  Apart from the decals (which I wasn't planning on using anyway) it's in mint condition which, for its age, is a miracle.

oCQ9Ym.jpg

SLt4i4.jpg

I won't be building it for a while, too many other models on the go, but it's a certainty for 2021.

Very cool Max!  Vac is the only frontier I have not broken through yet................Ive only got 1 vac kit and its SO terrible that every time I drag it out I just look at it in disgust and put it back. 

Seems I have so little bench time, I can barely manage a super nice IM kit these days. 

22 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Very cool Max!  Vac is the only frontier I have not broken through yet................Ive only got 1 vac kit and its SO terrible that every time I drag it out I just look at it in disgust and put it back. 

Seems I have so little bench time, I can barely manage a super nice IM kit these days. 

It certainly helps to have supreme kits like the Echelons Brian, they inspire confidence. 

I finally got my order from Hobby Search in Japan today.  

IMG_20200610_150426-L.jpg

I've been looking for one of these for a while now and they got a small restock Soni grabbed it. 

I also finally started on my long delayed plan to modify a pair of Ikea Detolf cases into one. Needs some tweaking but it's almost done. 

IMG_20200610_174858-L.jpg

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR
Forgot the pic