Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Yes I feel pretty privileged to have this conversion. It seems there are a couple of little tweaks it Still needs. There is a  bit of a hump partway down the top of the intake curve/line which apparently was missed (but very hard to spot). I’ve inserted the seamless intake and I can see what they mean, but very easy to fix. I’ve just ordered some appropriate Armoury wheels which also state are for a K &M.  Would like to get the Aires J/S cockpit and canopy set to use as a basis for my FGR-2 as well as some Master pitots etc.  But financially I’m destitute right now LOL 

Edited by Anthony in NZ

3 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Two more arrived today; this ultra-cool '55 Chevy convertible;

I barely dabble in model cars but the 1/16 scale has grabbed my attention.  This is a cool kit for sure.  I have the Revell Samba bus and the BMW Isseta.  These bring back memories from my younger years.  A neighbor rebuilt an Isseta and a few of us kids got to sit in it.  One needs to build these kits straight away so to free up space in the kit stash area.  The Samba bus is slightly larger than the Felixstowe.

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

I barely dabble in model cars but the 1/16 scale has grabbed my attention.  This is a cool kit for sure.  I have the Revell Samba bus and the BMW Isseta.  These bring back memories from my younger years.  A neighbor rebuilt an Isseta and a few of us kids got to sit in it.  One needs to build these kits straight away so to free up space in the kit stash area.  The Samba bus is slightly larger than the Felixstowe.

Grab one while they're hot then. The 1:16 '55 convertible and '55 Nomad kits are both available now for $40 each. I may or may not add the Nomad (I'd much prefer the '57), but may go ahead and do it anyway.

15 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Grab one while they're hot then. The 1:16 '55 convertible and '55 Nomad kits are both available now for $40 each. I may or may not add the Nomad (I'd much prefer the '57), but may go ahead and do it anyway.

The ‘55 convertible is on its way. 

28 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

The ‘55 convertible is on its way. 

Excellent choice. I think mine will be pearl white and metallic blue, or at least that's what I see in my head (though I actually see a lot of things in my head that I just know aren't right). I'm also looking for some correctly sized 1:16 Cragar wheels for it.

1 hour ago, Rick Griewski said:

Yup just like airplanes, first the kit then the AM.  Mine will be a color that goes well with the French Blue Isetta next to it on the display shelf. 

Oh yes. Mine will be built curbside, so no need for detail there (thank goodness), but the kit provided wheels just aren't going to make it. There's a chap on feebay that sells some great looking Cragar wheels, I just haven't determined if they'll fit the kit tires or not. If not, I may be able to "borrow " a set from the '57, then have someone cast a couple dozen for me.

On 4/10/2020 at 4:51 AM, chrish said:

That's kinda crappy! I understand the implications...it's just not like a modeller is warmongering by putting swastikas on a model though...it's just historically accurate. Does Japan have similar laws?

Hi Not sure I don’t think they can show the rising sun flag.

I was interested to read that in WW1 and before it was an ancient good luck symbol but it got turned around (literally) in WW2 by the Nazi’s and has kept its bad connotation ever since and is now illegal.

Edited by LSP_Matt
Deleted his sarcastic comment.

6 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I bought the 55 convertible On eBay.  

I grabbed mine from Mark Twain hobbies in Saint Charles, Mike, but lots of different places have them. Now if Round 2 would just release the '57 Nomad (with Cragars), I'd be ecstatic.

I've had this for some time, but it's been at my brothers as he also bought one and they went to his... being locked down, i've not been able to collect it (he lives 150 miles away), so he sent it up with some other stuff for my daughter, it arrived today.... and it's fantastic. 

'OneManModels' 3D printed YS-11EB in 1/48th. Next to my recent Yugoslavian S-55 in 1/72nd. Ignore all the gaps etc, the fit is great with little fettling needed when gluing that I can tell... wish I never started the Su-25UB now... 

@Iain & @Anthony in NZ you will be over the moon with your HS780 Andovers....!

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg