Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

This also arrived today, the latest "Building the" book from Ray at Albatros Productions. While I generally never buy this sort of publication, I have no problem at all receiving them as freebies, and am slowly amassing quite a stack now, so all is good. I'll be popping off a review shortly.

zSQeCr.jpg

Not that this is something to be jealous about, but I haven't find a better thread to put it in and didn't want to create a new one.
So, I haven't done much when it comes to modeling during the winter break as we were away from home most of the time.
But still I have managed to find something interesting, by an accident:

49333456662_01ed071439_b.jpg

49332768053_7cbbf9c7da_c.jpg

49333456487_10bec72cd7_b.jpg

49333457122_58eec59335_b.jpg

And the weathered colors on the tips were interesting:

49332768503_b9c351e5d8_b.jpg

Cheers.

Juraj

Edited by Trak-Tor

And yet another double. (I'm really getting tired of this.) While I at one time kept an extensive and up-to-date Excel list of my books, I've neglected it over the years, so really have no idea what I do and do not have any more, leading directly to these double (and sometimes triple) book purchases. On the plus side, my roommate is making out like a bandit, as I give him all of my doubles, including this one.

kd4rIu.jpg

3YkVKba.jpg

well whilst it won’t excite many to me it’s confirmation that I’m back within the 1/32 fold after selling most of my prior stash and dabbling with 1/48. Whilst I did complete a couple of 1/48 jets I just couldn’t get used to the smaller size pieces after so long in larger scales. These join the 3 kits I’d kept back, 2 Tamiya Spitfires and the Tamiya Mosquito. There’s a Tamiya A6M2 literally on the slow boat from China. I was going to put a cap limit if 10 kits on my new stash but the FW 190 for £20 and the 2 Revell 109’s for £16 each had to be purchased now. The FW will be a regular A-8, the 109’s will be long term stash queens until Amur Reaver bring out their G-6 corrections again which they confirmed they plan to do but no time frame at the moment when I asked. Though 1 may get one of the AIMs early G mod sets. We shall see. The HGW 109E will be a Battle of Britain 109E-4 when it gets done. The price was a little steep but the Cyber Hobby kit is getting thin on the ground and costs in the £40-£50 range anyway so add the resin exhausts, yahu panel, HGW belts and rivet set and it probably costs the same so I went for it. Not sure how limited of a limited edition it is but thought best not dither and went for it. 
Have kept a few 1/48 jets as distraction builds. 

Edited by ade rowlands
Bloody Auto correct!

Added a Tamiya F4U-1A to the above pile this morning. Hoping I didn’t sell the Dana Bell Corsair book when I sold off my F4U-1D last year. Have a feeling I did. I had a lot of scribbled notes in there. Now what to do about the landing lamp on the lower wing. Anyone know from what Bureau number onwards it was deleted? From memory the F4U-1D lower wing part has no landing lamp but there’s the rocket stub details that would need removing there so deleting it on this kit or ordering the F4U-1D lower wing parts both mean sanding away some nice surface detail which I know I won’t be able to restore. 

Found my book and my notes. Light was deleted from Bureau Number 56266 and FG (Goodyear production numbers?) 76140. 

Edited by ade rowlands
Added details.

3 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Man, I'd love to have the Eddie pilots. Any chance you'd sell them?

Brian, I suspect the Eddie pilots are none other than the British Pilots released by ICM  with new heads (Sgt Smith in Max’s Gladiator).

HTH

Q

Edited by quang

The Hs.129B-2 Finally arrived at one of my local (Australian) hobby stores ... So ... having it sent, along with a couple of other ZM kits they held back for me - It arrived at the post office a day or two ago. I'd like to say that I'm now up to date with the entire 1/32 ZM collection ... except they sneakily tucked another couple of Skyraider kits in before the first of the Hs.129 kits.

Never mind ... as soon as those rock up to one of my other suppliers ... I'll be sorted ...

jdIASzv.jpg

rYrol03.jpg

h4vYaA4.jpg

jj3plLL.jpg

Rog :)

"The display bases are constructed from durable, hard wearing 3mm Foamex board,  a rigid, weatherproof plastic,  printed with the latest odourless latex ink onto laminated matt vinyl for near photographic quality, giving a permanent and waterproof finish which unlike  paper products will not fade, lift or bubble."