Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Telford haul...

Joined Cross and Cockade - so picked up three of this years' journals - really useful/inspiring content for anyone with an interest in First World War aviation:

48b427_340bc744447c461b94e2709ab2f72f0e~

Of course Wingnut Wings were there - with some great show 'deals' - so I couldn't resist!

48b427_b2130413bf444ae881ad2593ed0b38b1~

Hannants do a 10% on orders for collection - so opportunity to get hold of some stuff I've been meaning to order for a while...

For the BiG Liberator:

48b427_fccac6cb0bb4408681b84371f9aa13ce~

Built a Spanish Civil War I-16 from the Special Hobby kit when it came out - but now we have the ICM kits I fancy having another go:

48b427_cce8bb0a5fb94b16ae81c1716250b2c9~

Some decals - and seat straps for this, and the I-153 I already have:

48b427_1f9c174da0314f4eb55807eee0c0e6a8~

With the I-153 in mind I ordered these:

48b427_942ba652588a49f7a8b6817a42ff3aa7~

Then, in a moment of serindipity, I found the Revell re-boxing of the ICM Type 24 shouting at me from the shelf at Wonderland Models - at half-price my resistance was weak:

48b427_90449442040542efbf64c23ccc201a2c~

Need to get another set of straps now!

From Graham at Iconicair - his superlative Seafang. Have been meaning to get one for ages...

48b427_2ddda6fbcb7d400abde1883f8a0c7a0b~

Note - if you want one, or a Spitful, I suggest you get on and place your orders.

Shocked to hear that the beautiful Attacker I reviewed a few months back is now out of production - after disappointing sales. Graham tells me he'd be interested in running another batch if we can get at least ten orders together - any interest?

And, finally, I've been looking for a supply of thin, straight, Nickel Silver rod for some of the biplanes I have to build. Found on the Albion Alloys stand just before show close:

48b427_c793c4f3f6594b35b17bbf7311015f63~

Sizes are: 0.1mm, 0.2mm, 0.33mm and 0.45mm - experience will dictate which is most useful - but very pleased to find these.

Spent a lot - but not as much as I could have done.

And I managed to avoid bying that 1:32 Buccaneer! That took a lot of will-power - but I do know someone of this Parish that did indulge...  :)

Have fun...

Iain

Some great deals from a good friend...

Our friend François Huot passed away a year ago and left behind around 1000 kits, many started, others mint in the box.

After his son and daughter took time to check all the kits and put a price on them, we went over to buy some of the large collection.

The amount of great kits around was enough to make us dizzy and even with interesting prices I had to check my spending...

Here's what I got today and the prices are on the boxes in Canadian dollars (about 25% less for US). Most were started kits which accounts for the apparently crazy prices, only the Bf 109F

is unstarted. I know $5 for a started ZM Ta 152 is still a fantastic deal, even if I I will need to take the wings and many other parts apart.

6k3WgNu.jpg

The surprise came at home when I found a lot of goodies inside the Fw and Ta Kits:

TXja37T.jpg

I think I will call his son to mention this because our visit was meant to help the family and I think I can to a bit more in terms of $ with all those extra bits that they must have overlooked...

A very good day really and a thought for our friend...

Alain 

I went to Telford not intending to buy anything as there is nothing about that interests me at the moment, this will change with the SH Whirlwind though.

pacificmustangs recent great build of the ZM P51Mustang IV  though did have me thinking about buying one but only at the right price which as we were going to Telford on the Sunday did not seem likely, but when I got to the ZM stand they had two left, so for the princely sum of £85 I took one home with me.

MOMPiV.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

13 hours ago, Alain Gadbois said:

Some great deals from a good friend...

Our friend François Huot passed away a year ago and left behind around 1000 kits, many started, others mint in the box.

After his son and daughter took time to check all the kits and put a price on them, we went over to buy some of the large collection.

The amount of great kits around was enough to make us dizzy and even with interesting prices I had to check my spending...

Here's what I got today and the prices are on the boxes in Canadian dollars (about 25% less for US). Most were started kits which accounts for the apparently crazy prices, only the Bf 109F

is unstarted. I know $5 for a started ZM Ta 152 is still a fantastic deal, even if I I will need to take the wings and many other parts apart.

6k3WgNu.jpg

The surprise came at home when I found a lot of goodies inside the Fw and Ta Kits:

TXja37T.jpg

I think I will call his son to mention this because our visit was meant to help the family and I think I can to a bit more in terms of $ with all those extra bits that they must have overlooked...

A very good day really and a thought for our friend...

Alain 

Wow. Thats amazing. 

Where abouts in canada? 

22 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Awesome! I just received this in the mail, a kit I've been wanting for quite a while now.

Chock full of goodies too! Thanks, Bill, I'll be in touch, you can count on that.

I hope you know it Kev but that kit is actually a G10, not a G14 AS! There is a long list of small differences here and there. They have been published on LSP at various times but if you need them pm me. 

9 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I hope you know it Kev but that kit is actually a G10, not a G14 AS! There is a long list of small differences here and there. They have been published on LSP at various times but if you need them pm me. 

I'll certainly keep that in mind. I have some wonderful drawings, recommended by our own Charles, but a tweak list would also be great, if there is one somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...