Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Bloody hell mate!

That sort of thing doesn't happen very often!

Now you can cruise and sometimes "bruise" as well!

Your brother is a hell of a guy especially as he has an F-Type "Jagwar" too.

I hope it's a V8R or even the SVR?

Those things sound like the gods in Valhalla are angry!!

:clap2:

Edited by PhilB

4 hours ago, PhilB said:

Your brother is a hell of a guy especially as he has an F-Type "Jagwar" too.

I hope it's a V8R or even the SVR?

V8, but not the SVR. It does make a super sweet sound!

But I gotta say as utterly sweet and refined sounding as the Jag is, the sound from that 400 big bloc is magic.

21 minutes ago, Neo said:

Oh boy. Thats one pretty car. At the local car meet here there a guy with one of those but hardtop. Im a huge fan of those Oldsmobile's

Thanks! I am too, as they dont seem to have been as popular then or now, you just dont see them than often.

The sound it makes at idle is enough to make you fall in love with it if you are a car guy.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

How long have the Snowbirds been flying the Tutors?

Since 2 years before they formally adopted the name "Snowbirds" in 1971. Although, the Snowbirds were not officially recognized until 1975, and then activated as an actual squadron in 1978, so there are many dates to choose from after white RCAF demonstration Tutors started to be flown in 1969. :) 

D

Midweek and I'm expecting more stuff to arrive ... but the computer wanted to update the software so I thought: "Meh! ... I'll photo these now"

At the same time I ordered the Do.335 book ... I ordered the He.111 Book and the Ho.229 book ...

Turns out that the eBay USA supplier for the Horten book was telling a porky ... They advised me it was shipped the next day - but there was no tracking number supplied. Profuse apologies ensued ... as well as a PayPal refund - without any real argument ...

They are still adamant that they shipped it - and if so, I'll end up with another one on about the 20th.

Meanwhile this was ordered through an Aussie supplier (Booktopia)... who, it turns out ... had to on-order from the UK to have it delivered to me ... A couple of weeks later and ... Ta-Da!!

v9z06Gv.jpg

So with a PayPal refund inbound for the Horten book ... I went looking for another ... Abebooks was utilised and a purchase made via Book Depository UK.

Similar problem ... 24 hours later I'm advised that it shipped - no tracking number is supplied, I lodge an enquiry 2 days later.

2 days after THAT ... I get a response "Sorry we are out of stock for that book and the supplier cannot restock us" ... A refund is issued but it will take 3 days to get processed back to my credit card ...

At this point I decide to try a different tack ... I start Googling LOCAL booksellers with the Ho.229 ISBN (Heck - it worked for the Ju.88 Vol.1 book which was OOP at the time).

I thought I'd done well when I found Specialty Books ... I went looking around their website and carted a few books ... but being twice bitten now - I'm starting to get a little shy on pulling the trigger ... So I call the guy ... He confirms he has stock of 4 of the 5 books that I've selected ... Guess which one is missing??

The rest are below:

oN1gf31.jpg

nlXVj8G.jpg

8UAM8uF.jpg

MdK1B2A.jpg

So ... there's a couple of books I spotted a year or more ago on Amazon ... of course, since then Amazon Australia has opened up.

So I thought "It can't hurt to look, right?" ... So glad I did ... I bought this - AND at half the price of the other two suppliers!

aEJoFLs.jpg

More in a bit ...

Rog :)

Edited by Artful69

• 2 weeks later...

Today's haul from our annual show. Only one book this time though, an apparently new series from MMP/Stratus (Mushroom), on the Me 410, purchased from Scott Van Aken, who always seems to have something that I want.

dZ9NH1.jpg

Bagged kit of the Revell Scorpion, gifted to me by a friend that knew I've been prowling the shows looking for one.

ot9ZlD.jpg