Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

I hit a rich vein of gold over the past week, a chap selling his Silver Wings kits for very reasonable prices, so these three had to be added to the stash:

nikSjY.jpg
1ngqYh.jpg
13dFkF.jpg

He also has a Gamecock for sale, which I'm not so keen on since it doesn't fit into my modelling "agenda", but I could still be tempted.  The dilemma of course is which to build first?!

On 8/22/2019 at 4:22 AM, mozart said:

He also has a Gamecock for sale, which I'm not so keen on since it doesn't fit into my modelling "agenda", but I could still be tempted.  

Why doesnt the fat little Gamecock fit into your agenda Max?

49 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Why doesnt the fat little Gamecock fit into your agenda Max?

I model on a theme Brian, so two themes running which sometimes “cross”, either the Hawker lineage, or 56 squadron. The Gloster Gamecock is neither a Hawker nor was it flown by 56 squadron. Mad I know, but that’s me! 

So ... another couple of orders arrived in ...

V88JEbi.jpg

This time ... one of the books I ordered ...

cAc8Fcp.jpg

And a slightly late arrival from the east coast ...

58MVyXp.jpg

Another ZM kit ... still sporting the now customary rice paper wrap!

9z9PQJx.jpg

Welcome to the stash SWS #13

jWOz3zS.jpg

Rog :)

15 minutes ago, Tnarg said:

I also just got that Viggen book and highly recommend it. What a great collection of detail photos. Thank you to the author.

All we need now is a 1/32 version of that aircraft.

Tnarg

Agreed, 100%.

I know we have a few car guys on here, so maybe this will appeal................

About a month or a month and a half ago I got a call from my brother. Just to set the stage, my brother is undoubtedly one of THE most generous people I have ever known, both with his time and especially with his money.  

When he called me, he and I had previously been talking about our next trip to Moab Utah for the annual Easter Jeep Safari in the spring of 2020. Now my brother doesn't have a Jeep (he has a Jeep but not one that would be necessary to do the major trails at Moab EJS) and had been talking about getting one previously and I know hes had a 2020 Wrangler JL on "pre-order" for quite some time.

I also know he has a 6 car garage, and ALL 6 spots are taken up.

Hes a car guy, like me, and currently he has his wife's older Prius, his daily driver Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2, hes wifes OUTRAGEOUS looking 2019 Jaguar F-type coupe, his 1988 GMS S-15 in immaculate shape,  and in the last two spots his custom hand built 1932 Ford convertible, and lastly his prized 1968 Oldmobile 442 convertible (purchased as a replacement he had for the 442 convertible he had then wrecked at a college student).

I knew what he was going to ask me; if I had room to store one of his cars while he sorted space out for the new Jeep since the Moab event is coming up shortly next spring. He started off telling me about the new Jeep and that he was going to have it actually ordered soon, so I let him know:

"Hey its totally cool, I have an extra space, and can store any of the cars as long as you need!"

He let me finish, and all he said was:

"Well not exactly.............."

Come to find out, he has no interest in selling any of the cars.  I found out he outright gave the 1932 Ford convertible to my brother-in-law.  He told me that he needed one more space to free up so that he could actually get the wifes car (s) out after he purchased the Jeep.................

He then proceeded to tell me that he was GIVING ME his prized 1968 Olds 442 convertible; no strings attached.  I nearly fainted over ON THE SPOT.  I really didnt know what to say. Its a 51 year old car, 3 years older than I am, and HELL of a lot prettier than I am! 

Its in 95% original condition, with a numbers matching 400, turbo jet, factory cone dual exhaust, a brand new working electric convertible top, a completely re-done fuel system, as well as a power brake conversion that had to be worth upwards of 3,000 USD.  It has 61,000 original miles on it. 

For those not in the know, you see a lot of Chevys, Fords, and even Pontiac's and Dodges on the road here in the middle of the US, but you dont really ever see Olds 442s in any kind of decent shape. It really is a car you dont see very often.

And the sound of that 400 big block at idle..............man I could fall asleep to that magical sound! 

Its an absolutely STUNNING looking original driver. Its not perfect, with dents and little dings here and there, and the paint has some minor scratches with the interior having its share of minor flaws, but all in all, its about as sexy as they came in 1968; and the color..............Ive seen 442s before but never any Saffron yellow ones.

Honestly I have no clue how I got so lucky!

1968 Saffron yellow Olds 442 convertible with 61,000 original miles....................shes a damn sexy girl, and I couldn't resist taking her to the lake for some glamour shots:

20190822_192126-XL.jpg

20190822_192137-XL.jpg

20190822_192337-XL.jpg

20190822_192402-XL.jpg