Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

As I was wandering around Cosford on Sunday two kits took my eye, a HK Lancaster at £300 and a ZM Ki 45 at £120 but I walked past both, the Lancaster is way beyond my self imposed £100 limit and is far to big for me to display, and the Ki 45 is a ZM kit which I think of as over engineered but for a Japanese twin I would break the £100 limit.

Having hobbled around the whole show I was having second thoughts about the Ki-45 so returned to the stand only to find that it was gone and the only other one I could find was £130 so we came home home kitless.

The next day urged on by my "better" half I scanned the internet and found a Ki-45 for £118 with postage from Jumblies Models, a few days later this arrived in a huge box. So now I can see if the kit is as good as people say it is.

yIC097.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Edited by dennismcc

3 hours ago, dennismcc said:

As I was wandering around Cosford on Sunday two kits took my eye, a HK Lancaster at £300 and a ZM Ki 45 at £120 but I walked past both, the Lancaster is way beyond my self imposed £100 limit and is far to big for me to display, and the Ki 45 is a ZM kit which I think of as over engineered but for a Japanese twin I would break the £100 limit.

Having hobbled around the whole show I was having second thoughts about the Ki-45 so returned to the stand only to find that it was gone and the only other one I could find was £130 so we came home home kitless.

The next day urged on by my "better" half I scanned the internet and found a Ki-45 for £118 with postage from Jumblies Models, a few days later this arrived in a huge box. So now I can see if the kit is as good as people say it is.

yIC097.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

Once again, so very tempted by this kit. So much so I went to my Jumblies account and added one to the basket. Stopped myself proceeding though. I've got the Revell Bf110 repop on pre order with them coming soon and the Airfix 1/24 Hellcat not far away. Thats my spare pennies earmarked for the now. Must be strong and ignore the urge to add the Ki-45.

16 minutes ago, ade rowlands said:

Once again, so very tempted by this kit. So much so I went to my Jumblies account and added one to the basket. Stopped myself proceeding though. I've got the Revell Bf110 repop on pre order with them coming soon and the Airfix 1/24 Hellcat not far away. Thats my spare pennies earmarked for the now. Must be strong and ignore the urge to add the Ki-45.

Me too. Ive been holding myself back. I think Ill wait until the short nose version comes out. 

Three more arrived today, including this truly excellent DK Publishing volume on the cosmos.

IjrVDZ.jpg

Yet more obsession material, this time in the form of an Iowa class related volume. Good stuff, and needed/wanted reference for a 1:32 (now probably 1:48) 16” gun turret I’ll eventually be building.

MbHXVm.jpg

I enjoyed the Thunderbolt volume (here) so much, that I chased down a companion volume on the Mustang.

CRP0QM.jpg

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:59 PM, Out2gtcha said:

Finally got the last piece of the puzzle....................

MM%20lighting%20kit_1-X2.jpg

618703945.jpg

For my next build on deck..................

1464507135-971381593-L.jpg

Nice finding!

Got hooked on the "fire/burning" effect for an aircraft crash Diorama.

What is the size of the battery holder?

Would be nice to know how to hide it into the base or elsewhere. 40cm cable might be a bit short for a large scale aircraft so careful plannig will be needed.

Regards

- dutik

2 hours ago, dutik said:

Nice finding!

Got hooked on the "fire/burning" effect for an aircraft crash Diorama.

What is the size of the battery holder?

Would be nice to know how to hide it into the base or elsewhere. 40cm cable might be a bit short for a large scale aircraft so careful plannig will be needed.

Regards

- dutik

They actually give you wire extensions to go the full length of the model!  They thought of most everything.

Its a self contained system using 4 "AA" batteries. I'm planning a gear up diplay, so am planning in finding a way to hide the battery pack internally.