Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

9 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

A Tigger Models Tigercat vac kit arrived Monday. Not everyones cup of tea I realize.  So many may not be jealous.  Tuesday I cut the parts out.  IIRC this was a new tool kit.  All the parts line up very well and are beaming with accurate shapes. So far I have engines and props and blue paint.  Now the quest for wheels, landing gear struts and cockpit essentials.  Note that I started the Combative Models kit years ago and it wore me down quite frankly speaking. Not worth the remaining effort.  It will end up as my paint mule. I have to practice gloss paint finish.

Big if...  I can resolve the parts I need then I may enter into the multi-engine group build.  The Anson is poised but... We shall see.

Rick

You are brave! You should contact Harold as I think he released such wheels. 

15 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

A Tigger Models Tigercat vac kit arrived Monday. Not everyones cup of tea I realize.  So many may not be jealous.  Tuesday I cut the parts out.  IIRC this was a new tool kit.  All the parts line up very well and are beaming with accurate shapes. So far I have engines and props and blue paint.  Now the quest for wheels, landing gear struts and cockpit essentials.  Note that I started the Combative Models kit years ago and it wore me down quite frankly speaking. Not worth the remaining effort.  It will end up as my paint mule. I have to practice gloss paint finish.

Big if...  I can resolve the parts I need then I may enter into the multi-engine group build.  The Anson is poised but... We shall see.

Rick

5 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

You are brave! You should contact Harold as I think he released such wheels. 

Indeed he does. Very nice too! He may even have a couple more things.....

17 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

Rick

I have one question for you: does the kit have a correct nighfighter rear canopy? I'm really interested to know it as I've always wanted to have THAT version whereas the Hph kit only gives the fighter/photo version. I have the Combat kit in a closet and unfortunately, the canopy is useless. I already had a look at John's blog but unfortunately there is no picture of the Tigercat kit parts.

I have both of the aforementioned kits (Combative and HpH). My CM kit is horrible.  It looks like someone threw some sand on the master before pulling it. Id be interested in the Tigger models kit too, to see what parts it came with. The CM kit does come with the -N nose too but the shapes, including the standard fighter nose are in question IMHO. 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

I have one question for you: does the kit have a correct nighfighter rear canopy? I'm really interested to know it as I've always wanted to have THAT version whereas the Hph kit only gives the fighter/photo version. I have the Combat kit in a closet and unfortunately, the canopy is useless. I already had a look at John's blog but unfortunately there is no picture of the Tigercat kit parts.

Thierry,

The kit comes with two copies of both canopies.  They look nice.  However I am no expert on the aircraft... Yet. I will not build the night fighter anyway.  My eye is on the drone controller (similar shape to night fighter?)  IIRC that variant recycled the Bearcat windscreen and canopy or something similar enough for me.

Rick

Coool. I might have to order a vac Tigercat from Tigger for my (someday) Reno what-if racer I have planned. I already have the Fisher high pressure spinners and props, as well a nice pilot and some pit stuff. I just need a nice vac copy of the kit and transparencies vs the complete junk vac I have now. 

On April 11, 2019 at 9:42 AM, Out2gtcha said:

I have both of the aforementioned kits (Combative and HpH). My CM kit is horrible.  It looks like someone threw some sand on the master before pulling it. Id be interested in the Tigger models kit too, to see what parts it came with. The CM kit does come with the -N nose too but the shapes, including the standard fighter nose are in question IMHO. 

The CM Tigercat kits floating around that were made by the original owner have a reputation for very poor quality (e.g., grit, painfully thin plastic, incomplete pull, opaque canopies, damaged patterns).  My CM Tigercat kit has fuselage and wing parts that do not match up.  Note that the new owner does a fine job and is great to work with.  Many of the patterns however are old school and not accurate.

The Tigger Models kit has the fighter nose, tall tail and backseat canopy.  I have not assessed the accuracy in any level of detail.  As I told Thierry, I am not and expert at all (and I do not obsess about much in life except honesty and people keeping to their word).  The kit is formed using the proper plastic thickness so there is enough material to support various corrections/methods.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Clarified parts of CM kit that do not match up.

2 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Thanks Rick. The nightfighter rear canopy had a bulge in front of its rear edge (to make room for the head of the radar operator). My question was related to the presence or absence of that bulge. 

Not much that I can see.  Looking at photos it seems very small though.

Rick

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

He Neo,

It's from a place called Magic Scale Modeling

They have all sorts of light kits for all sorts of models. My kit was about $80 or so not including shipping from Belgium, as well as 5 extra Euros for the second pit in my TF-104.

BTW, this guy is also collaborating with companies such as Revell to release the special editions such as their last Ju88.