Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Very nice watch!!!

I had a beautiful gold Omega automatic watch I got from my godmother close to forty years ago. It was beautfiful but not that practical as the sharp edges damaged my shirts and wool pull-over sleeves plus even a quite expensive leather jacket. The "problem" disappeared some weeks ago with the gold engagement ring of my wife when our house was robbed! I'm considering a new watch but never again a gold one...

Thierry - oh no!!!!! That is such a shame, I’m very sorry to hear that. As long as no one was hurt. Objects can be replaced, people not so much. Unfortunately we couldn’t afford the automatic ones, with the beautiful crystal back to see the workings. But I highly recommend Tag Heuer - veeerrrry nicely made, just exquisite to behold; this one weighs a very solid 145g. I liked the chronometer versions but always kept coming back to this one; nice, clean and my favorite color blue on the face. 

Jimbo, ticking away the moments that make up a (not so) dull day....

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

I’m making an assumption that items other than LSPs are acceptable here. My wife and I went on holiday earlier this month and she bought me this handsome Tag Heuer Formula 1 timepiece:

Yy21mP.jpg

Last June we celebrated 20 very happily married years together. She sure is a keeper (the watch is too :wub: ).

I used to wear a watch all the time, but never had one as nice as this! Anyone else like fine timepieces?

jimbo, back in the Cold, Rain & Snow :wacko:

Ohhhhh that is very nice!    I am quite jealous of that one indeed.  Ever since they came out, Ive wanted one of Breitlings Cockpit B50s:

maxresdefault.jpg

Unfortunately 4-5k is just way out of my realistic budget for a watch. :( So for now Ill have to look at yours! 

1 hour ago, thierry laurent said:

Very nice watch!!!

I had a beautiful gold Omega automatic watch I got from my godmother close to forty years ago. It was beautfiful but not that practical as the sharp edges damaged my shirts and wool pull-over sleeves plus even a quite expensive leather jacket. The "problem" disappeared some weeks ago with the gold engagement ring of my wife when our house was robbed! I'm considering a new watch but never again a gold one...

Dang, sorry to hear that Thierry. My sisters home was robbed that way. NOT a good feeling it leaves you with in the aftermath. 

Another month, another hobby book purchase, this time on the Bell 47 helicopter. I've always been somewhat amazed at the  almost complete lack of good pictorial data on this helicopter (at least that I'm aware of), so I determined to snatch a copy as soon as I became aware of it.

aHxLg5.jpg

17 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Another month, another hobby book purchase, this time on the Bell 47 helicopter. I've always been somewhat amazed at the  almost complete lack of good pictorial data on this helicopter (at least that I'm aware of), so I determined to snatch a copy as soon as I became aware of it.

aHxLg5.jpg

I have zip about helicopters beyond Luftwafe types in my library.  This book looks like a good place to start.  Dangerous because after I get the book I will have to shop for the helicopter  kit to go with it.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Cannot finish a thought sometimes...

7 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

I have zip about helicopters beyond Luftwafe types in my library.  This book looks like a good place to start.  Dangerous because after I get the book I will have to shop for the helicopter  kit to go with it.

Rick

In the case of the 47, I agree. I have two Revell kits and have been wanting to add the MRC kit as well, but haven't gotten around to it,... yet.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, jimbo said:

I seriously think I have a problem... this arrived today:

vEtX9r.jpg

Is is anyone else swayed by these big ship kits? I have the Missouri (with Pontos upgrade set) and the Arizona (w/ Eduard upgrades). They’re just too cool!

Jimbo

I also have the Big Mo and the Arizona but grabbed the Enterprise when it came out a while back. I really like large scale ship models!

Barry

35 minutes ago, jimbo said:

Is is anyone else swayed by these big ship kits? I have the Missouri (with Pontos upgrade set) and the Arizona (w/ Eduard upgrades). They’re just too cool!

Jimbo

I'd have the Missouri or Bismark for sure, just can't afford them right now.

1/32 Revell Fw190 A8/R11 for £23.44? Don't mind if i do! Evilbay strikes again. It will stand nicely with my He219 A2/7 and Me262B-1/U1.

On the look out for a Bf109 G6 & 10 now. Cannot wait for the Revell/Dragon Bf110 to be released. I'll have to convert it to a G4

Edited by AlanG
Dyslexia strikes again