Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

'cause I am such a nice guy :thumbsup: , and SWMBO came to the opinion that I am taking a real lot of pictures (modelling and military museums related) my Xmas present was this beautiful toy:

img_1089g3ius.jpg

Pentax K-70 with 18-50mm zoom. Well, I had a reflex camera with Pentax bajonet back in the days when taking photos was related to negative film, so I own still some lenses with Pentax bajonet, even one ready for AF cameras. So Pentax was the choice. Special feature: The K-70 is dust- and wheaterproof. The right tool to stroll around open air displays collecting photos for your next modelling project :thumbsup:

Regards

- dutik

I also got a very nice Christmas present: a book I was looking after for ages: The blue-nosed bastards of Bodney. I finally concluded it was close to impossible to find one for a reasonable price. So, the amount was not cheap but at least I got a pristine copy and it has been signed by close to ten pilots and crew chiefs of the 352nd fighter group! I am happy. 

I fell for the trap.  We both agreed no gifts since the wife wants to take a big trip in March.  So as a joke, I bought he an electric toothbrush she was telling a friend about.  

Christmas morning she gave me a new $1000 iPad I’m posting from right now.  :mellow:

I’ll never fall for that one again.

10 minutes ago, themongoose said:

Wow did my wife hit this one out of the park!! She said now I can bring my models up from the basement lol

IMG_4093-X2.jpg

Awesome! 

Coincidentally, my wife today said I should get a display cabinet for my models so I wonder if there's something in the water...

Carl

3 hours ago, Rick Griewski said:

My wife and I are going to Ikea after the holiday to buy me a display case.  Now that I am retired some models are nearing the finish line.   I get to keep it upstairs to.

Rick

If you get the Detolf, you can install some wire clamps on the vertical supports which will allow you to double the number of shelves. I did this with the one I have and will be doing it on the new one as well. 

DSC_0198-L.jpg