Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Several years ago, I bought this same set of pin drills, but over the ensuing years, lost many of them and broke a few more. A couple of weeks ago, I set out on a mission to find these at the best price I could, and did eventually find them, at Home Depot of all places, and at a very good price too (far better than any of the online hobby stores, I can tell you). These will come in very handy on a big G-14 that I’m currently working on. I’m a happy, happy guy.

833h7j.jpg

12 hours ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

Several years ago, I bought this same set of pin drills, but over the ensuing years, lost many of them and broke a few more. A couple of weeks ago, I set out on a mission to find these at the best price I could, and did eventually find them, at Home Depot of all places, and at a very good price too (far better than any of the online hobby stores, I can tell you). These will come in very handy on a big G-14 that I’m currently working on. I’m a happy, happy guy.

833h7j.jpg

Do you have the item number?

4 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Thanks, Kevin. Starrett makes great stuff; I have quite a few of their tools from my machinist days. Getting that pin vise down to "zero" is not as easy as it sounds.

The overall quality of the Starrett stuff that I've seen, is usually quite high. Several of the "hobby" pin vices that I have, will not close to zero at all, and also are frequently cut with the center of the chuck "off-axis", making for a wobbly holder, not so bad for larger bits, but terrible for the smaller diameter ones.

Regarding small diameter drill bits, I have ordered from "Drill Bit City" which resharpens small drill bits which contain a larger diameter base so that a drill press or pin vise fits them much better. Their store on Amazon sells a set of 25 bits (resharpened) from #80 to #56 for about $25. They have 3.175 mm shanks. The larger shank works very well.

Tnarg

On 9/28/2018 at 1:14 PM, Jan_G said:

I had read Masters of the Air and Hell's Angels recently and needed some reference pics for B-17 so accuired few books, with nice decals included :)

i-vXStJB3.jpg

jan

I just snatched the Kagero B-25 book (Pacific) myself recently. I actually need to get it scanned and entered into the database.

On 9/28/2018 at 6:34 PM, Tnarg said:

Regarding small diameter drill bits, I have ordered from "Drill Bit City" which resharpens small drill bits which contain a larger diameter base so that a drill press or pin vise fits them much better. Their store on Amazon sells a set of 25 bits (resharpened) from #80 to #56 for about $25. They have 3.175 mm shanks. The larger shank works very well.

Tnarg

Oh I'll be certainly buying more bits eventually, so I'll be sure to check these out.