Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

It's been a busy few weeks here, as I've gotten a few things that I've been pining after for awhile.  Finally found some good deals, and grabbed something that I definitely wanted in terms of the Clerget

8Enb72b.jpg

pQIz1Vj.jpg

R6GJId5.jpg

ys6wW3L.jpg

6XDACFO.jpg

Been hunting for a Pup for a long time to do an early plane for Raymond Collishaw, just need to get a couple custom decals for the serial numbers.

The Tempest was on deep sale at my LHS, so grabbed it for $40, marked down by $95.

The Taurus Clerget might be the most incredible kit I have ever seen in my life. And it is definitely appropriate to call it a kit, since it comes with 260 parts.  It was pricey at $80, but I think it's worth it, and it will sit on the front of my eventual WNW Triplane.

Edited by scvrobeson

I've recently completed a model of a Bf110E (G9+L(Ludwig) N(ordpol) as flown by Heinz Schnaufer in his early days with NJG1:

COt0zZ.jpg

Pk5TC3.jpg

But I also saw some artwork by Ron Cole of the Bf110 plus a piece of the actual aircraft which was salvaged in 2006:

zezy3A.jpg

The fragment is 4.5 inches by 3.0 inches and fortunately had become detached from the glass in its long journey from the US to England, fortunately because I was able to see the RLM02 finish on the reverse side!

0HbSBI.jpg

w1eim4.jpg

I'd like to find some way of being able to see both sides, as a researcher as well as a modeller this type of thing fascinates me. :) :)

On 8/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, mozart said:

I've recently completed a model of a Bf110E (G9+L(Ludwig) N(ordpol) as flown by Heinz Schnaufer in his early days with NJG1:

Just reading an amazing book called Nachtjagd by Theo Boiten published 1997.

In it , it has the aces of St Trond , one of them being Schnaufer. Amazing book well recommended.......

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Just reading an amazing book called Nachtjagd by Theo Boiten published 1997.

In it , it has the aces of St Trond , one of them being Schnaufer. Amazing book well recommended.......

Lovely man Theo.  I attended Telford in 2008 when he and Rod Mackenzie launched the "Nachtjagd War Diaries", Peter Spoden and Rolf Ebhardt (retired Nachjager) were also there.  So my copies were signed by all four and are still used as reference books very frequently.  Theo is now bringing out the second edition of the NJWD, published by Red Kite and called the "Nachtjagd Combat Archive".  Each volume, of which 3 have so far been published, deals with a shorter time frame than the previous NJWD and in many senses is more detailed because more information has come to light as a result of the first editions.  A good addition to my library.  I don't have the book you've mentioned, I'll have to look into it!

Edited by mozart

15 minutes ago, Neo said:

Got my Dragon bf110 today along with a Tiger tank

Both look amazing in box. Now to find decals or mask for a shark mouth bf110

Good luck and enjoy.  Peddinghaus do a shark mouth decal for it, so do EagleCals.

Edited by mozart

Didn't get that much at the NATs, but I did manage to get a Sufa for $100. Plus an exhaust set, wheel set and gear bays. I also somehow managed to get it ALL in the same suitcase that I came with that was generally full when I CAME here!

The Scotch blood in me would NOT allow me to spend the nearly $45 to ship it back home.