Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

13 hours ago, Trak-Tor said:

Look what have I found last weekend burried deep under the pile of old stuff back in the house. 

Almost forgot about this one. Bought in my teenage years...
28488456337_e5f4a6cd37_b.jpg

Cool find Juraj, I'm currently building this one to put up in my kids room :) Of course I'll be using the "My Dad" decal. Are you planning on building it?

Edited by EvilCarrot

buildleaflet_zpsa8a05861-jpg.434889

cover_zpsd9c91b5e-jpg.434890

spread_zps20128c63-jpg.434891

1/72 Lanc vs the 1/.32 Hachette kit:

scaleshot_zps2bfb91e8-jpg.434892

I posted on the SAAF forum about the upcoming HKM 1/32 Lancaster, and one of the members sent me a message that he has the whole series above, all 125 issues. They are mine if I want them. He will never build it. He did the first 80 pages of the instructions, of which there are just over 800. Picked it up last night. He even gave me the tool kit!!!

Very happy I am and certainly a whole new challenge for me. Will post some pics this weekend.

(Does this qualify  as a LSP build):hmmm:

***  I borrowed the images from WW2Aircraft.net 

Edited by Gerhard

6 hours ago, Gerhard said:

scaleshot_zps2bfb91e8-jpg.434892

(Does this qualify  as a LSP build):hmmm:

Super cool!  Reminds me of building Guillows balsa flying kits as a kid.     And YES, for sure this qualifies as an LSP build. If its 1/32nd, no matter the medium, it qualifies. 

On 7/20/2018 at 10:30 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Super cool!  Reminds me of building Guillows balsa flying kits as a kid.     And YES, for sure this qualifies as an LSP build. If its 1/32nd, no matter the medium, it qualifies. 

Then will we see a WIP thread?? I'd love to see this go together......

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great find! That P-40 kit comes with some cool artwork, but was a tad overpriced at last years US Nationals.

While I'd love to have the same kit, it's way overpriced for me.

This arrived today, and is a kit that I've wanted for a very long time, but never seemed to get around to purchasing. Through a deal with a fellow LSP guy (thanks a ton, Mike), I've now finally got one. The kit also included some nice Eduard stuff, so I'm already ahead of the curve there.

pJPA4P.jpg

Good find K2. I have the Trumpy labeled version of this kit, and the P-38 is surprisingly big in 1/32nd. AAMOF, the P-38 is actually very nearly the same size as the F7F, with the Tigercat being slightly longer, and the P-38 having a slightly wider wingspan.

Start a WIP! 

5 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Good find K2. I have the Trumpy labeled version of this kit, and the P-38 is surprisingly big in 1/32nd. AAMOF, the P-38 is actually very nearly the same size as the F7F, with the Tigercat being slightly longer, and the P-38 having a slightly wider wingspan.

Start a WIP! 

I already chased down the California Cutie decals for this, but have no idea when I'll begin it, as I'll be cranking away on a 1:24 Bf 109G-14 very, very soon, and that will be getting most of my attention for a while.

5 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Great find! That P-40 kit comes with some cool artwork, but was a tad overpriced at last years US Nationals.

Indeed, same as the previous P-47 rebox from Ed.

Usually priced around 85/90€ over here, and got it for +/- 60€, which is fine to me.

The boxart print is nice, as well as the metal plate, but this last item could have been left aside to lower the price.

Or at least Ed could have made two version of the package, with or without.