Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

They're great belts. I've got a bunch of them. If you bought the deluxe sets, the buckles are made from laser cut plastic so are a bit more fragile compared to PE ones.

20170827_103413-L.jpg

The big advantage is the clarity of their instructions as well as the layout of their buckles on the fret. They're designed and laid out for you to thread them through the buckles before cutting off the fret. Makes a world of difference in assembly.

20170827_103459_HDR-XL.jpg

They also show the routing for the belts so no guesswork.

20170827_103518-XL.jpg

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Thanks Carl.

Those are the deluxe sets I purchased. A great value for the money getting two seatbelt sets in one package for around $7.50 USD. I paid this amount in Japan however. Not sure what these sets cost outside of Japan.

You're welcome Troy!

HLJ carries them. They're listed under Wako which may be another name for the brand or maybe product line.

https://hlj.com/search/go?lbc=hobbylink&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=303163190&w=Wako&af=selectscale%3a132scale

My LHS here in Toronto (Wheels & Wings) has them too but I can't recall their price.

The standard versions use a paper for the belts similar to what the RB belts are made from. The deluxe or HD sets use a microfibre like HGW.

Carl

I think we should've cornered the market Carl.  (humor). 

I'm thinking a lot of people are going to be checking into these belts.  I plan to start assembling a set this weekend to see how they turn out.  I also love the idea of treading them through the buckles while they're still attached to the tree.  Why not make the buckles in plastic also?  That's a superb idea as well.  The Japanese deluxe set is what first caught my eye.  Oh man they look so awesome. 

At the time of my discovery and purchase in Osaka, I didn't have wifi at the time.  I was worried about the price.  ( remember I has hoarding two SwS Ho 229 V7 conversation sets) Once I got into a wifi zone, I realized how inexpensive the seat belts actually were.  *&*^!  Damn! I should have bought more sets.   The Volk's store is like a LSP candy store.  Oh my Gosh!  display cabinets all over the place.  A large selection of 1:32.  There is also a Tamiya store down the same street! 

I'll be back in Osaka in a couple months.  I'll certainly pick up several more sets.  I'll then mail them to my buddies on LSP and start the whole routine all over again a few moths later.  I love this hobby! 

Troy

Oh boy, hobby goodies! Mostly items for a George that I'm working on, but also a Mission Models chisel bit set, some sandpaper, as well as another hardbound Squadron book, this time on the M41 Walker Bulldog (to replace the softcover version I already have). I have a particular fondness for the Bulldog (pretty much the only post-WWII armor kit that I care about at all), as the very first Tamiya tank model I ever bought, was the M41, and I remember being utterly flabbergasted at the time with the wonderful details of that old kit.

mPH3Z7.jpg

Geesh! I have three of the HpH kits. And you are telling me that I am in for it? I waited for the Walrus kit for years so I will build that first. I have seen a build of the Me-410; tricky but seems doable. The Fw-189 looks the toughest. Working around all the clear parts looks daunting. My hope is that the resin stays dimensionally stable.

Rick

Geesh! I have three of the HpH kits. And you are telling me that I am in for it? I waited for the Walrus kit for years so I will build that first. I have seen a build of the Me-410; tricky but seems doable. The Fw-189 looks the toughest. Working around all the clear parts looks daunting. My hope is that the resin stays dimensionally stable.

Rick

With having to drill completely through a finished fuselage as well as line up a second wing on a big resin kit with the engine pod on 4 stilts too, the Walrus is a bit of a handful to build.

With having to drill completely through a finished fuselage as well as line up a second wing on a big resin kit with the engine pod on 4 stilts too, the Walrus is a bit of a handful to build.

I will be using specially built Fixtures mon... And maybe a laser alignment tool. LOL

My wife has at times has agreed to be a third hand during other projects.

Freeing the parts from the the pour sheets does look to be painful.

Carl, great for cutting strip and 'L' for internal framing. The length of the blade is a bit of a constraint but you can't beat it for cleanliness of the cut and repeat-ability of process 

And speaking of the 'Dreaded Walrus'; I have the same 3 kits Rick has and I spent a couple hours yesterday looking at bench-top sander outfits. Too

big for my work space. I think I'm going to try my Dremel mounted on the Dremel Drill press attachment I have for it. 

Edited by JeffH

Carl, great for cutting strip and 'L' for internal framing. The length of the blade is a bit of a constraint but you can't beat it for cleanliness of the cut and repeat-ability of process 

And speaking of the 'Dreaded Walrus'; I have the same 3 kits Rick has and I spent a couple hours yesterday looking at bench-top sander outfits. Too

big for my work space. I think I'm going to try my Dremel mounted on the Dremel Drill press attachment I have for it.

To address all the flat pour surfaces I will clamp my hand held belt sander to the bench with the business end facing up. Hook up the shop vac and carefully take off the extra material. I attach duct tape tabs as finger holds. Saws are used to take off the other stubs.

Rick