Make the others jealous

LSP_K2

Bomber_County, Rick, here's a quick look in the box. It's full to say the least. The kit is 1/35 scale and has a full interior, working suspension and tracks.

DSC_0229-L.jpg

DSC_0232-L.jpg

Inside that inner box is the upper hull and turret molded in clear.

DSC_0232-L.jpg

I wish the ZM clear fuselage bits were that clear. There's very few ejector pin marks and same for flow marks.

The other parts have really sharp details as well.

DSC_0233-L.jpg

The pins are for the working track links. Thankfully they include a jig. I'm still trying to build Modelkasten tracks for my Firefly that are well, fiddly.

The instructions look to be reasonably decent. They're a book at 52 pages long.

DSC_0231-L.jpg

Lastly, comparing the box size to the Dragon kit of the same subject:

DSC_0234-L.jpg

I don't know how the construction will go but I'm suitably impressed by the level of detail they've put into the kit. I got mine from Lucky Model with free air shipping where just noticed they've got sprue shots up now.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=RF-5016

Hope that helps.

Carl

After the finding of a reasonably cheap fully complete ITC Staggerwing, I just found a brand new box of the Nitto/Doyusha Akatombo floatplane for 40 dollars!

Now, I just hope my MiG-19S will finally arrive... I found one in Germany whereas it seems they have totally disappeared from the surface of earth... !?!

I got home in time today to meet the postman who had thus for me:

DSC_0251-L.jpg

I've finally got a replacement for one of my grail kits. While taking a quick look through the box, I noticed a couple things. Having bought both in Canada, the new release cost me as much as my original one that came out in 1994. Yet, the old one was at least ¥12,000 cheaper (¥27,800 for the original one, ¥39,800 for the new one. Weird inflation math or something?

The other thing is that Tamiya includes a colour chart for their new lacquer paints. There's 60 listed along with a reference/conversion chart to their current acrylic and enamel paints as well as their spray cans.

DSC_0252-L.jpg

Carl

I think they are Alan. They do say that they're recommended for airbrush only.

Carl

If it's the same formulation as in the spray cans, yes, airbrushing it would be the only way to go, for sure.