1:24 Grumman F7F Tigercat N7654C

airscale

http://www.ppdltd.com/

Usual disclaimers, no commercial connection, just a very happy, if rather occasional, user. They did all my AFV kit parts, so they can handle bulk as well as one-off's. And they are based in one of the most spectacular parts of the British Isles, I am desperate to get the Suzuki up there to pay them a visit!!

Tim

http://www.ppdltd.com/

Usual disclaimers, no commercial connection, just a very happy, if rather occasional, user. They did all my AFV kit parts, so they can handle bulk as well as one-off's. And they are based in one of the most spectacular parts of the British Isles, I am desperate to get the Suzuki up there to pay them a visit!!

Tim

thanks, Tim, for the link...

Peter - excellent photoetch! Can't wait to see it all installed...

clarkis

Guest Peterpools

Peter

Ridiculous!  I just can't imagine ever being able to try and come close, as earth is close mars.

Incredible work

Keep 'em coming

Peter

thanks for your kind comments chaps :)

..had to get a little bit of paint on as it would be too difficult to paint the throttle quadrant in situ..

..first I shot alclad in the hope I can chip through the paint down to this later on...

WIP396_zpsmgf5mula.jpg

WIP397_zps9a9ullgo.jpg

...the Tigercat has a green interior below the bottom of the instrument panel, so I shot black uppers - as soon as I had done this I remembered I was going to try out the hairspray thing for chipping - will have to try it on a test part now (probably for the best anyway...)

WIP398_zps1rz2ayxn.jpg

..then masked the green - I had put maskol on all the control rods as I figured nothing looks better than metal than, well... metal...

WIP399_zpsro8w5aau.jpg

..and this is the basis for detailing this side..

WIP400_zps5mev37zz.jpg

..also painted & finished the throttle control...

WIP403_zps1bnyn6gz.jpg

..it's probably pretty hard to see, but there is a tiny letter 'M' on the reddish brown handles under the silver throttle handles - added this from an old decal I think from a 1/32 Beaufighter stencil.. there is also a 'P' on the rear black knob but that is even harder to see :coolio: ..

WIP404_zpsi6bojann.jpg

WIP402_zpskfzb03cv.jpg

..now I can fix it and connect it all up...

TTFN
Peter