1:24 Grumman F7F Tigercat N7654C

airscale

Guest Peterpools

Peter

Just always marvel at your problem solving abilities and most of all, being able to visualize the individual components and create the most intricate assemblies.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

I can't wait to see the cockpit area going off the wheel bay! Lovely stuff Peter.....

thanks Radleigh & all of you :)

speaking of which.... I have been a busy bee, but not in a traditional way - I decided to get some bespoke PE made up for the cockpit so have been busy designing it..

..I don't know how to drive the layered graphics program needed (Illustrator or Coreldraw) so I just do it in Powerpoint and give the designs to my very clever graphic artist who will do what's needed before I can get them off to my PE supplier PPD in Scotland for a one off job.

It's not cheap, but worth it for the effect and the work it will save me.

I am very fortunate to have a few period shots of N7654C's cockpit so have designed against this... it seems like it had a new panel fitted after military service as it is subtly different from the other reference I have - that said, much of the rest of the cockpit is common so pretty straightforward to get better reference shots to work from..

anyways, here she is in 1980...

WIP316_zps1b7b0aca.jpg

..and here is the artwork..

WIP313_zps9d648d09.jpg

WIP314_zpsecb96b3a.jpg

..I printed negative paper copies to get the sizing right...

WIP315_zpsfa3166e2.jpg

..onwards & upwards...

TTFN

Peter

Not a lot in the way of superlatives that I can add here Peter that haven't already been expressed. Brilliant execution all the way man! Nice use of a 1/32nd Spitfire generator in the nose gear bay as well.

Wow, just wow!

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee