1:24 Grumman F7F Tigercat N7654C

airscale

Seasons greetings all :)

I hope you had a wonderful Xmas and are all set up for a great New Year. Thank you so much for the kind comments, it is so nice to read such positive input and keep me forging forward...

..I have been a little tied up over the festive period so only got to the bench for a bit today... pressing on getting the nosewheel bay finished..

..first up a bulkhead at the very tip of the nose - I used plasticine to get a profile and carefully sectioned it with a blade to get a flat to derive the shape from..

WIP254_zpsef8ee3d1.jpg

..punched out and filed some slots and added details from brass and a couple of airscale PE bits for the brackets that hold the main nosewheel door hinges...

WIP255_zpsf7609acf.jpg

..and fitted in place..

WIP256_zpse9454a70.jpg

..there are two half-bulkheads I needed to make so started by cutting the shapes from card & adding brass - here I am using a punch to roll the brass into a nice clean edge part..

WIP257_zpsfc2b5d91.jpg

..added some rivets too and some brackets to the rear - here I am using a drill bit to ensure the brackets are aligned to the base so the torque rod that will go here is perpendicular to the roof..

WIP258_zps0c37d394.jpg

..also started to make up what I think is a retraction jack from bits & bobs...

WIP259_zps64a2cba2.jpg

..and dry fitting to make sure it all fits - the half-bulkheads are slightly diffterent shapes to compensate for the different wall thickness of the home cast resin lower nose - as long as the central view along the centreline is right this won't matter...

WIP260_zpsc0531af7.jpg

..and the roof as it will sit in the airframe..

WIP261_zps4d1425ae.jpg

WIP262_zps8c91473a.jpg

..thats it for now - I need to stick a sign on the nose saying 'DON'T GET LOST IN HERE' as I spent 3 months doing my last wheel bay to the utmost detail on a Sea Fury and to be honest no-one will ever see it :coolio:  - I should just represent what is there and move on....

TTFN & Happy New Year

Peter

Geez, your work is wonderful.  Not even sure how many little elves you have running around finding pictures and drawings and tools to pull this stuff off. It's beautiful.  Can't wait to see the rest of the plane come together. I expect it all to work once you're done.

Matt  :frantic: