HEY, AIRFIX ! "LIGHT-BULB"

marauderdriver

In my American mind I cannot for the life of me  understand AIRFIX and  32nd Scale..??????????

There has to be a way to get the AIRFIX   "Powers-that Be" to  "See the LIGHT" !!!!!!!!!!!!

Take the 48th , Lightning F.1 and F.6,  Sea Vixen, Javelin, Canberra collection, make them 32nd Scale

These kits are well engineered and fit very well...............Scale UP the moulds?

I understand there is an investment to scale up the moulds, but you have the perfect patterns in 3D and steel

I know these kits would SELL,  the Lightning kit is a real easy build and I fell in LOVE with both the

Airplane and the kit.     Sea-Vixen......KILLER  32nd Scale       Javelin.....Interesting silhouette

RELEASE THE CANBERRA !!!!!  32nd

Hey!       AIRFIX!             32nd Scale!!       WANTED

EE      F.1-F.3  Lightning

BAC  F.2A-F.6 Lightning

Dh      Sea Vixen

Gl       Javelin

EE/ BAC/Martin      CANBERRA  Collection

Inquiring Minds Want to Know?

Jack

Guest Peterpools

I would like to see Airfix stick with 1/24th scale and keep bringing out one beauty after the next. Lets leave 32nd in the hands of the manufacturers who are constantly bringing out new and wonderful kits.

Just my two cents worth

Peter

After the spectacular success of the Typhoon, I just don't see Airfix venturing into a another scale anytime soon.  Once you've found a winning formula, why abandon it for an uncertain venture into an already overcrowded and highly competitive area of the scale model aircraft market?

Airfix should stick with what it does best and update and reissue their old standby 1/24 offerings to the same level of detail as the Typhoon.  If they did, they could count on me, for one, as steady customer.

Jerry Peterson

Well,  I qualified my opening statement.

I would like to see the manufacture that makes the best 48 th Scale and UP-Scale it to 32nd, and IMHO that's AIRFIX.

They have 1 NEW 1/24 kit out and all the rest are older than Monograms old 60's molds.

Anything larger than a single engine prop and  you are in "SPACE HELL"

Sorry, I know AIRFIX is 24th and I wish then the BEST of LUCK in that endeavor and I'll dream of an UP-Scaled Lightning

AIRFIX is on a ROLL :goodjob: 

jack 

... They have 1 NEW 1/24 kit out and all the rest are older than Monograms old 60's molds ...

Er ... Not quite! I know the Mossie is only 5 or so years old and I'm not sure about the Harriers, but the parts on my GR.3 look pretty new to me.

Rog :)

Guest Peterpools

Jack

Could you just imagine a 24th scale F4 with all the detail? Of course, the cars would have to be left outside and the garage turned into a hanger. :wicked:

All kidding aside, I would love to see Airfix start up-scaling some of the better 48th scale kits to 32nd scale - wouldn't that be grand!

Peter

I've already given Airfix's position on 1/32 scale in another post so no further comment, however, I would encourage those that love 1/24 scale to e-mail Airfix on what they'd like to see as their next new WWII kit in that scale!
Perhaps while you're there, you might also want to ask them to do a brand new 1/48 tooling of the B-17/B-24 and Lancaster/Halifax in the future?
Personally, I think they'd sell those by the boatload, but some backup to that effect would be very nice if you also felt that way!

Click the drop down box to = Product Suggestion                                                                                  http://www.airfix.com/contact

Happy days.  B)

Edited by Royboy

A 1/24 EE/BAC Lightning F.6 would be a temporary scale breaker for many including me, as would a Spey Toom. My crystal balls tell me that that is far more likely than us ever seeing a 1/32 IM one (which is about a 5 per cent probability).

Come to think of it, they could do almost any British Cold War jet that in that scale and I'd consider switching up in size permanently for RAF/FAA subjects.

Strictly ceiling danglers, done wheels-up.

Tony

Jack

Could you just imagine a 24th scale F4 with all the detail? Of course, the cars would have to be left outside and the garage turned into a hanger. :wicked:

All kidding aside, I would love to see Airfix start up-scaling some of the better 48th scale kits to 32nd scale - wouldn't that be grand!

Peter

Be a great dio with say a 1970 Stingray:)